Is Stark 1080p only?
Hi guys

like everyone i'm really excited about the pending release of "Aeon Stark" but the one thing that does worry me is wheter it is only 1080p, unfortunatley my plasma is kind of old and only supports max 720p or 1080I

Can one of the lucky beta testers please let me know.

Fingers crossed!
It works fine at 720p.
but does it support 4:3 480p? I may have a 720p and a 1080i comp monitor in my room my my dad only has a old tv in our family room.
edit: Never mind, im a tard, only 720 and 1080 are ofically supported in the release notes. Sill wont stop me from trying. Proly only the font'l be messed up
It will run on any resolution, but the fonts are way too small to do it any justice on a small screen. The forced aspect ratios will look rather naff on a 4x3 set.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Basically if you have a box attached to a crap screen like I do on my second system in
the back room, either suffer tiny fonts and squishiness or stick with Aeon or Horizonz. :p

I'll be switching the media center in the living room over to stark since it supports 720p.
The crappy CRT monitor box in the back gets old news treatment.
when i was using my xbox i just added 5 or so to every font size in the skin, that did the trick to make it bigger
It's more than just a font size issue with Stark. It's only coded to be displayed at widescreen resolutions, so if you try and run it in 4:3 everything will be horribly stretched (just as in Aeon Classic)
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thx for the answers guys, i have a 42" plasma at 720p so im happy :0)

Counting the days...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Stark 1080p only?0