Vsync question or feature request?
After a hard and long test phase with hardware/software i switched succesfully from xbox to an htpc with win vista. And i got everything running so my xbox i doesn´t switched on the last 2 weeks which pains me a bit, because the xbox was never off the last 5 years something like that, so like the best friend ever.......Blush

But okay now about the vsync, i only use vsync enabled for video files i need 1080p/24 otherwise the videos doesn´t run smooth. All other videos which are pal dvds or different videos / music video files i run superb with vsync off.
Because if vsync is on everytime i switch between the menu(60hz) and full screen video(depends on video) the TV for itself switches also between modes/freq. This meens i got additional 2-3s only switching from menu to full screen.
So i just leave vsync off and only i want to look a 1080p/24 video i switch it on before. Otherwise its disturbing for example just seeking for the next music video and every time waiting that the tv switched for just looking in the dir list for the next file.

So my question:
it seems that i only need vsync for 1080p/24 so it would make sense to could decide for what kind of video source(freq) the vsync is enabled.
Maybe there is allready a way to do it for example in advanced settings?
With latest svn you can turn on "Auto refresh rate" in the video settings and it will make things a lot smoother, but if you need complete smoothness, you could try out xbmc-smoothvideo branch, which will hopefully will be merged into the main branch soon. It synconizes the vdeo playback to your video cards clock and resamples the audio to match this clock. It is really great.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
lets hope smoothvideo gets implemented into 9.0.4, auto refresh rate doesnt do the trick for me at all.
@alanwww1
Yes this auto refresh rate is that what i mean with vsync on....sorry don´t had the english words.
But with this i have the problem....or not a really problem but its not comfortable.
A button for auto refresh rate at 23,976 Hz that would be fine....the rest of videos playing just fine.

A big question by side is, that the xbox switched to ntsc and runs with component cable on 720p so i assume at 60Hz but thats the thing i never really care about, because everything running always smooth°!!!!! so every pal dvd or divx or whatever......so why now is everything comlicated?
I know i understand the problem with output frequency frames and everything....okay not enough i think, but a pal dvd at 25Hz doesn´t match into 60Hz either!!!!

The other thing is that i can play 1080p/24 with the windows media player just fine and smooth without switching the output frequency.....how does this work?
Is there doing something/somebody like smootvideo branch is trying? Maybe windows? maybe the player? or maybe the graphic card? must be!!!!
While playing you could press "Y" to check what i sthe actual refresh rate you have while playing the 24fps material. If it is 50 or 60hz than it will not be smooth. In Windows Mediaplayer there is some kind of 3:2 pulldown which makes the 24fps material playback smoother on 60hz, but it is not smooth enough eighter.

Chek if your refresh rate really 24hz while playback !

With smoothvideo branch it winds up the speed from 24 to 25fps if you have 50hz refresh rate. This is a good solution if your tv does not support 24p playback.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vsync question or feature request?0