Crashes when resuming from standby
When i use suspend option from any skin, and then resume from standby, XBMC crashes with following error. If i enter standby via HIP, resuming works fine.

Rev 18923, and this has been happening for few days now, with different versions.

http://koti.kainuu.com/manki/xbmc.log
Same here, for the last few REVs...

My workaorund is to teach EventGhost to shutdown XBMC when going to suspend and restarting it when coming back up. But I hope, that in a (near) future REV this workaround isn't needed anymore ;-)
Thumbs Down 
Same here!! Sad
Same here to Sad
I have a temp fix until the devs get it sorted here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=306242&postcount=3
triumvirrr Wrote:Same here, for the last few REVs...

My workaorund is to teach EventGhost to shutdown XBMC when going to suspend and restarting it when coming back up. But I hope, that in a (near) future REV this workaround isn't needed anymore ;-)

would you be able to possibly share your xml config for this?

i've been having issues getting the xbmc plugin to actually quit xbmc while going into suspend.. i just seem to be failing where i've heard others have had success in this
same here
digital21cn Wrote:same here

you still having issues with resume from standby going back into standby? i was hoping there might be a solution after reading about your troubles. incidentally i'm in the same boat for that one as well..
Easiest way is to use event ghost. It takes some fooling around with to get it working but its worth it.

My only tip is to make Eventghost wait 1-2 seconds after you resume before launching XBMC. For some reason if doesn't wait the taskbar will remain in focus and not XBMC. Even if you tell it to bring to front, the delay was needed.

Don't get me wrong, a proper fix would be beautiful. I can only imagine being able to send a pause command just before sleep, then resuming the video after return from standby.
I second the request for some instructions on how to get EventGhost to close and re-start XBMC around a suspend. I just figured out how to get my remote setup through EG, but ti took a while and I'm not sure how to do something like that.
Check the eventghost logs. When you go to Resume, you should see System.Resume. Create a new event and drag System.Resume in there, then create an action to start XBMC. I also added a 2 second delay between System.Resume and start XBMC.

RockDawg Wrote:I second the request for some instructions on how to get EventGhost to close and re-start XBMC around a suspend. I just figured out how to get my remote setup through EG, but ti took a while and I'm not sure how to do something like that.
cotdagoo Wrote:you still having issues with resume from standby going back into standby? i was hoping there might be a solution after reading about your troubles. incidentally i'm in the same boat for that one as well..

Yes. but I finally solved by myself. It's due to the "sleep idle time" setting. If you set it to certain time, say "60 minutes", then when you sleep and resume after 60 minutes, the computer will automatically go back to sleep. I currently set to "off", the problem solved. but it's still a bug and suggest the team to resolve it.

now my problem is crash after resume when using the recent svn version.
digital21cn Wrote:Yes. but I finally solved by myself. It's due to the "sleep idle time" setting. If you set it to certain time, say "60 minutes", then when you sleep and resume after 60 minutes, the computer will automatically go back to sleep. I currently set to "off", the problem solved. but it's still a bug and suggest the team to resolve it.

now my problem is crash after resume when using the recent svn version.

ahh - i didn't figure the idle time could have been related so i skipped the threads pertaining to that bug - good to know!

edit: i've been using a dirty fix to kill the xbmc process on resume via eventghost -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="851">
<Macro Name="Resume" Expanded="True">
<Event Name="System.Resume" />
<Event Name="System.ResumeAutomatic" />
<Action>
System.Execute(u'taskkill.exe', u'/im XBMC.exe /f', 3, True, 2, u'')
</Action>
<Action>
EventGhost.Wait(2.0)
</Action>
<Action>
System.Execute(u'C:\\Program Files\\XBMC\\XBMC.exe', u'-fs -p', 0, False, 2, u'C:\\Program Files\\XBMC')
</Action>
</Macro>
</EventGhost>

seems to work pretty well as i can't get the xbmc:quit from the plugin to shutdown xbmc (i've been using recent svn builds too)
was getting a c++ runtime error on resume when xbmc hit the 60min idle mark - but not on manual resume. i haven't tested since disabling the idle suspend in xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashes when resuming from standby0