[RELEASE] GoogleReader (Programs) Plugin
Just thought I would mention I have the same issue as Tandriin. The Picasa plugin works fine too so I can only presume it is not an auth issue.

Enjoy your holidays. I look forward to seeing what this does when it works.
hi.

just wondering if its a problem local to xbmc on Vista? a folder name case dependancy issue maybe? just guessing at this point as seems to be fine on xbox,XP,linux xbmc ports.

hols fine mate , back to the all inclusive bar Smile)
Retired from Add-on dev
Given we both have Vista 32-bit it's quite possible, though I did try renaming the folder to all lowercase (it was "Programs"), to no affect.

I thought it could be UAC related, but I tried turning it off temporarily and the issue still exists.

I visit my mate on Friday who has my XP Notebook on loan atm so I'll try to remember to try it out on that to rule out any issues specific to my account.
I've looked in to this further with the aid of Fiddler.

It seems this plugin is using a POST to authenticate and is failing. The Picasa plugin uses a GET and works fine.

Interestingly enough when I have Fiddler enabled to intercept the HTTPS traffic and decrypt it (ignoring certificate errors) things work as they should.

Unfortunately the code for the Picasa plugin is compiled, and I don't actually know Python, so I can't just grab the authentication code from there to see if dropping it in works.

Should this be working with the 9.04 release of XBMC or do we need a more recent SVN build?

When you return from your holiday perhaps you could get in touch with me and provide the code for an alternate authentication routine using a GET that I can check to see if it works?
Another possibility is that we're both behind transparent proxies of some sort and using Fiddler somehow bypassed that for me.

There seems to be a bug with Python and HTTPS via a proxy:
http://bugs.python.org/issue1424152
unfortunatly the Googlereader api isnt official, so that code (heavily modified for my own useses) is POST base.

i´ll be happy to try stuff when I get home.

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] GoogleReader (Programs) Plugin2