[RELEASE] T3CH Upgrader v1.8 for Xbox
Thumbs Up 
Nothing to dramatic, mostly to accomodate the recent changes to Python in XBMC.

Changelog:

Quote:v1.8 23/03/2009
Change: Change to cope with new xbmc paths "special://" otherwise fallback to old style.
Change: Menu options Maintain Additional Deletes and Copies selection/editing behaviour.
Change: Changelog.txt moved to script home dir.
Change: Improved new build UserData removal/checking (prompts for retry if failed)
Change: Some code tidyup (code logging etc)
New: Menu option to Select from multiple Local Archives (rar | zip)

Download from Box.net or use "SVN Repo Installer" plugin.

Thanks to language translators for your continued support.

NB. Other build installation:
Should you wish to use this script as an installer for other (more frequent/daily builds) builds, then
i) rename your build archive (zip or rar) to the T3CH filename format. eg. 'T3CH XBMC 2009-03-04 SVN rev18221'
ii) copy the rar to the designated settings download location.
iii) run script and it should be installed as normal.

contact me / post here if any problems found.

cheers (especially to all those who've recently donated a beer to me - the Belly much appreciated it! Smile )

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Thanks B!!!

The special:// fix should do it for me as I don't think the special paths are supported on Xbox version just yet.
Thanks for the update and for adding the local archive option!
NB: With the nightly builds from http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/ I had to open the rar and change the name of the main folder from "BUILD" to "XBMC" to get it to work with the script. After that worked like a charm.Big Grin
thats a good tip. thanks
Retired from Add-on dev
BBB,

I just tried editing the copy files with v1.8 of your script under t3ch 18221 and upgrading to nightly version (19222) but the new copy paths show up as e.g. "special://home/whatever" which then fail when upgrading with error something like:

"err2 no such file exists, the file "E:\Apps\T3CH_20090304\XBMC\special://home/whatever doesn't exist" (from memory but you get the idea)

I manually edited the includes file back to "E:\" rather than "special://" which fixed it.

Is this a bug or have i done something funny? (quite possible)

cromity
how old was your xbmc build, was it 'special://' aware ? even so, it shouldve coped.

but, it looks like a bug. will look into it. ta
Retired from Add-on dev
BBB,

I tried editing the copy files and tried deleting standard "\skin" entry that is there by default but every time I relaunch your script the "\skin" is still in the copy files? Is the behaviour you intended?

IF I understand correctly, the copy files copies my existing files from my old xbmc install to the new xbmc install. Does this mean I never get the "newest" scripts that come with T3ch since with the copy files it always overwrites the most recent files that come with T3ch?

IT is funny because I have added some additional files to the copy file list because I run som PM3.HD mods and want these copied into the new install. They do not copy however for some reason. I presume this should not be the case (since your default stettings do copy eg my scrips ect)?

final word.Great program made life sooo much simpler :! many thanks.
\skin is one of the hardcoded 'copy include' subfolders, if you includes list doesn't have any of these 'mandatory' subfolders after reading in the includes file, it adds them.

After new build extraction etc, it then does the 'copy includes'. Each sub folder and/or file listed is copied unless it already exists.
So in the case of Skins: The latest PM3.HD comes with the new build. All subfolders of \skin , that don't exist in new build, are copied. ie. additional skins installed

You always keep the new build stuff.

Your custom files should copy over if they don't exist in new build.
Retired from Add-on dev
cromity123: If you can still reproduce the error, can you send me the full xbmc.log , along with your includes.txt

thanks
Retired from Add-on dev
Upgraded to the new T3CH the night before last. It worked perfectly. No renaming or repacking. Good job BBB!
BBB

BigBellyBilly Wrote:Your custom files should copy over if they don't exist in new build.

I understand now that this is the reason why my modified skin files do not copy to the new install because the already exist!

As a possible solution what if I add these files to the Delete List, then they should no longer exist in the new install? and because I have the same file in the Copy List, the will get copied to the new install?

I hope I am not being ignorant because I always thought the reason of the Delete and Copy List was to allow to copy modded files to new installs avoiding manual handing with every new install. If not, my bad.

many thanks
well that would work except for it does custom copies before the deletes.

You could edit it the file to reverse this to try it out maybe ?

from Line 690:

# do Custom Copies
self._copy_includes()

# do Custom Deletes
self._delete_excludes()

The original reason for the custom copies was to copy additional files not included as standard in a build. But the custom copies could be modified to always overwrite, depends on what people want ?

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Would simply renaming the modified PM3.HD to something else solve terminalx's problem?
yes, that would work too.
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] T3CH Upgrader v1.8 for Xbox0