[RELEASE] T3CH Upgrader v1.8 for Xbox
as stated, repack without extra root folder or ask T3CH (on x-s nicely) if he'd mind reverting to the old archive structure Wink
Retired from Add-on dev
v1.9 is in SVN - I'll wait for all the language string changes to be commited before releasing to tags - but you can get it via SVN Repo Installer before then.

changes:

Quote: Fix: Destination path for Includes and Excludes.
Fix: Cope with T3CH archive's that contain additional root folder.
Change: Ensure edited Includes or Excludes path / file exist.
Change: Menu option 'View Documentation' - Now a menu for Changelog/Readme for T3CH/SVN/Scripts
Updated: Language strings
New: Remote and Local Installs of SVN Nightly builds from http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc (see readme)
New: XBMC SVN Trac changelog (use View Documentation)
Retired from Add-on dev
@BigBellyBilly
Some good changes you got there, thanks BBB!
@BigBellyBilly
I believe I found a problem with the download URL for SSHCS releases.

Instead of:

Code:
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/inc/EVA.asp?mode=DownloadCounter&FN=XBMC_XBOX_20918.rar

it should be something like:

Code:
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/inc/EVA.asp?mode=NDLC&FN=XBOX&BN=20918
thanks. I've made a change and its in the svn trunk. Do you want to try it before I promote it to a tagged release ?

I also cleaned up the sshcs build changelog when viewing.
Retired from Add-on dev
Thanks BigBellyBilly, I just gave it a quick test on Windows and the download worked fine, I will try it later on on Xbox and let you know.
@BigBellyBilly
I've just tested the new version on Xbox for SSHCS releases (T3CH seems to be quite slow and it's not picking up 9.04.1 release, but that's another issue I don't want to get into that).

The Download & Install works fine, it downloads the archive as SVN_yyyymmdd_r99999.rar and then extracts it ok as E:\apps\SVN_yyyymmdd_r99999 (the only issues I had when there wasn't enough memory, but that's different).

The Download works fine as well, downloads the file as SVN_yyyymmdd_r99999.rar, but then there is an issue if you go with "Install from local" option, it tries to extract in E:\apps\SVN_yyyymmdd folder and it eventually fails as it seems to check for E:\apps\SVN_yyymmmddd_r99999 folder?! I had to rename the rar to remove the revision from the filename and then it worked. Again, this was on Xbox, I tried it again on Windows and it seems to extract it properly in SVN_20090606 folder but then XBMC crashes eventually.

I wouldn't do anything just yet, maybe wait for other user reports, may be just me (use it on a SSHCS r20918 XBMC release on Xbox, while on Windows on XBMC 9.04.1 release). Maybe just have a quick look of why Download & Install works a bit different than Download and them manual install.
Thanks for the testing.
I do normal do more thorough testing but it was a busy weekend, which is why I asked for the help.

I'm considering dropping the build date references all together and move to just using the build rev instead now that the Nightly (sshcs) report it.

Will look closer into it, fix, and commit asap.
cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
No problem BBB. hey, you're making us the service :-)

Personally I would prefer the dates as they are more meaningful to me than the revision numbers, and they only release a build per day. Whatever you think it's best, no rush, thanks.
BBB i cant get the t3ch installer to work... i posted this in the xbox support but here is the pastebin http://pastebin.com/m45ce9c89
Numus: your log shows XBMC has thrown an exception during the checking of unpacked archive. That is the probable cause for it failing to complete the folder checking.

Quote:ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Read : Access violation at 0x8002cf50: Writing location 0x00000000

Unrelated. I've made some tweaks to the use of saving/checking of shortened directory names. will notify once tested and committed.
Retired from Add-on dev
Do you think it might be possible to do version-checking on plugins with the updater, and not override newer plugins with earlier ones? :-) That would be a lovely addition!
It currently doesn't overwrite existing addons (folders) when copying from old to new. what you may get is that the new T3CH hasn't got the latest svn downloaded version and you have to update again. The new Update All (in SVN Repo Installer) helps with that.
So really what you want is the reverse, that is, overwrite the new installations addons with your existing is newer.
Retired from Add-on dev
Is there currently an issue with this? I've been using it to grab the latest SVN releases, but today it's not getting past the "downloading document from http://t3ch.yi.se" dialog
no issues, sites down. its waiting for a url timeout.

You could always try a SVN Nightly build ?
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] T3CH Upgrader v1.8 for Xbox0