Wrong media description in library, how to change it fast
Hi,

Sometime video scrapper picks wrong media description. The only way to fix it is to go to library mode, delete media info, then go to file mode and display info, scraper then presents a list of possible matched media, I choose one I want and then I can go to library mode again.

Second thing is that while in library mode I don't see there real name of file so I'm not sure if description is good and which movie it is for.

Is there a way to erase description and look for new one with just one option, in both file and library mode?
I have not found that either... that is why I switched to using nfo files. they work great! now I have a pre-movie folder that I scan with media companion and get everything correct. then I move everything to the movie folder on my share.

in my opinion that works the best because sometimes I do not think that imdb does a very good job of categorizing movies and want to manually change that (AKA "Standup" they never have that marked correctly).

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

SoBBie Big Grin
Just go to movie info (press i or use right mouse button) and choose refresh from the menu. Then you can select the right moie manually or type in the name to do an even better search. Works fine for me all the time (I use it often)

You don't see the file name (would love to have that as well), but you do get to see the folder name. So an intermediate solution would be to put all the files in subfolder which has the name of the movie.
Thanks for help. I use linux so mediacompanion is not an option, or is it also for linux?
BadMuts: I have to try that one. This is what I am looking for.
badmuts ? you surely see the file name in the dialog. maybe not if you do info on the folder instead of the movie, but in general it sure shows the filename.
I'll check that spiff. Might be a specific issue with the mediastream skin.
its availible in the info view of the pm3.hd skin ... and as far as i recall ... its the only skin showing the path and filename of the indexed file!
You could delete the nfo and rescrape. I prefer to to do that VS. scrape with XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong media description in library, how to change it fast1