• 1(current)
[LINUX] Asus Pundit P4-P5N9300 Media Center Remote Control and LIRC?
Question 
Hi together,

I bought an Asus Pundit with Onboard Nvidia 9300. XBMC is running quite well. Included is a remote that is called CIR.

In Ubuntu with lshal I figured out, that it is the following device.

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pnp_ITE8713'
info.parent = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer' (string)
info.product = 'PnP Device (ITE8713)' (string)
info.subsystem = 'pnp' (string)
info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pnp_ITE8713' (string)
linux.hotplug_type = 2 (0x2) (int)
linux.subsystem = 'pnp' (string)
linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/devices/pnp0/00:09' (string)
pnp.id = 'ITE8713' (string)

Does anybody know how to integrate it with LIRC.

Thanks
Martin
Hi MP3...

I really do not have any answers to your questions.
However, you seem to at least have the initial setup to be able to solve one of my questions.

I wonder if there are any chances that you could remove the front panel of your P4-P5N9300 unit and photograph each angel of it.

Also, I am not getting any clear answers from Asus Website, about the eventual output possibillity for S-VHS. Can you answer if the unit comes "out of the box" with S-VHS output capabillity or not?

Appreciate your kind help,
SpearFish
SpearFish Wrote:Hi MP3...

I really do not have any answers to your questions.
However, you seem to at least have the initial setup to be able to solve one of my questions.

I wonder if there are any chances that you could remove the front panel of your P4-P5N9300 unit and photograph each angel of it.

Also, I am not getting any clear answers from Asus Website, about the eventual output possibillity for S-VHS. Can you answer if the unit comes "out of the box" with S-VHS output capabillity or not?

Appreciate your kind help,
SpearFish

Hi Spearfish, concerning to the photos I must say sorry. There is no VHS or SVHS output. Only VGA and HDMI.

Martin
Anybody else using the Pundit and have setup the remote.

Bye
Martin
It's not supported by Lirc Sad according to comp.hardware.lirc message list it has IT8720F IR-receiver.

More info:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hard...p4+p5n9300
http://search.gmane.org/search.php?group...P4-P5N9300
I hope it is supported in future. I have read the post and it seems there is somebody testing it.

If I would be familar with programming in Linux and especially Lirc in combination with hardware programming I would try to make a new driver for Lirc, but it seems to be a hard challenge to archieve that goal.
I got this barebone as well. Any news regarding lirc support?
Soo, is there any news on this?

I have absolutely no clue as to how to set this up myself.

I got the Pundit today, got everything working but it would be nice if the buildt in IR would work aswell..

(im probably gonna get a Logitech DiNovo Mini, and i will have to deal with that when that time comes, but for now id like the remote to workSmile )

Thanks for any feedback!
I bought a P4-P5N9300 and I can make lirc working Big Grin
you have to use lirc-0.8.6pre1.tar.bz2 and choose IT87 device

but now the problem - the remote is a mceusb like (for lircd.conf) and it works with irw or even irexec or irxevent
but it does not work with XBMC Shocked
I copied Lircmap.xml and remote.xml in good place (log file told me these files are loaded) but nothing works

my specs:
gentoo x86 kernel 2.6.29-r5
XBMC SVN rev 21875
Today I fixed 2 problemsBig Grin
- lirc: on gentoo, lirc creates a socket /var/run/lirc/lircd (irw read it too) and xbmc tries to read /dev/lircd socket
so I added in /etc/conf.d/lirc the option "-o /dev/lircd"
and I created a symlink /var/run/lirc/lircd to /dev/lircd as to check my remote with irw Cool
- sound over hdmi: that worked but I can't fade music track (can't open audio device - dmix problem) and the solution is here http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p...stcount=41

so if you want to use a pundit... go go and go Nod

EDIT: my remote is an harmony 785 Smile
Trying to use this on my Xbmc live pundit but keep getting "dialog not found!
Please read the documentation!!!" when typing ./configure. Need help
preppie Wrote:Trying to use this on my Xbmc live pundit but keep getting "dialog not found!
Please read the documentation!!!" when typing ./configure. Need help

Have you installed dialog?
btw, i can't get mine to work... Modules loaded propertly. I can use mode2 /dev/lirc0 but i dont get any output when using remote. irw doesnt work.
Anyone have a clue about what i can have forgotten? What files should i post? Hope someone can help me get to it workning couse i've tried everything i can think of... Sad
Mode2 codes have to match the codes in lircd.conf
if they dont then you get no respons using irw,

so you probably have to find a lircd.conf that matches your remote
TSlackM Wrote:Mode2 codes have to match the codes in lircd.conf
if they dont then you get no response using irw,

so you probably have to find a lircd.conf that matches your remote
I have tried vlsystem blaster, MCE(configured harmony 555 to act like it) and the remote that comes with the barebone and nothing seems to work. Can it be something else? Can it be something wrong with the kernel? Im using Ubuntu jaunty but have built a later kernel in kernelcheck.

I have USB-UIRT IR receiver too that i cant get working either so it must be something with the config i think... cant be all receivers and remote that's the problem =\

The USB UIRT was configured to /dev/ttyUSB0 but the problem there was that lirc doesn't recognize the device as a IR-receiver... I really want this to work and have bought this second IR-receiver and used almost all wake time to try different configurations Sad
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Asus Pundit P4-P5N9300 Media Center Remote Control and LIRC?2