Best build?
I have the parts on the way for a HTPC... wondering which the best version is?

The bits I've ordered would be hackintosh compatible, I have both Windows Xp and Windows Vista (hate it), and I'd be willing to try either Live or a linux distro...

Which OS would be the best to install XBMC on?

EDIT - This PC will be used 100 percent for XBMC, although it would be nice if I could launch some kind of games from XBMC, even if it's just SNES emus... I'm planning on getting both a X360 wireless controller and a Harmony to use...

And I don't know much yet, but going to do some torrenting; does the XBMC have torrent plugins that can do RSS feeds, or will I need a seperate program running in the background to do that?
the latest stable XBMC release should be the best, tho I just got the latest SVN release from Tech 10 minutes ago and Tech says its a bit smoother. Haven't tried it yet. Huh Gamble, the stable releases are the official ones but the last stable release was sorta quirky. Atlantis has some nice GUI options. May as well wait till the next release if you're still building the box.
Sorry, by best "build" I mean which OS version, not which version number...
For the most part, all OSes have a very similar working version of XBMC. Linux provides GPU video acceleration, if you happen to have an appropriate nvidia card. OSX and Windows are both a bit more idiot proof (i.e. for people like me).

Generally, though I'd just pick the OS that I personally felt most comfortable with.
Thanks; if that's the case I'll just go with windows, because then I can have uTorrent running the back ground, and play some better games...

Don't need GPU accel at the moment, since I have an old non-HD TV...
You might want to look in to using the Live version and installing it to the HD if you're using a dedicated machine. I found it works the best with the least amount of headaches.
With the Live version, can you:

-Use a xbox 360 wireless controller

-Have SNES emulators

?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best build?0