SlideShow Screensaver: Exit when touching volume or arrow
Hi Forum,

I'm using svn latest build, since feb 2009, when I touch a key as volume or the arrows, the slideshow screensaver exit and come back to the xbmc menu.

Before, I was able to change volume or pop the song name, or even go back to the previous picture, but now, as soon I touch something, it come back to the xbmc menu.

Any idea someone ?
It's a screensaver. The same happens in any other screensaver.

This is by design.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It was working fine on the svn one month ago, and it is also working fine with the latest "stable" version.

It is probably not a bad thing to be able to change the sound volume of the background radio without stopping the screensaver no ? I mean, I don't see any advantage to exit the screensaver for that.

The way I use it, you may see my small TV as a picture-frame and I was then adding music-title on top of the slideshow-screensaver. I was also sometime clicking "info" to get the picture description...

But now, any key exit the slideshow-screensaver.

Any other idea ?
Start a slideshow if that's what you want.

Volume may or may not exit - I'm not sure about that one - I'm pretty sure that in some circumstances we can ignore certain keys.

Any other key should most certainly stop a screensaver.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SlideShow Screensaver: Exit when touching volume or arrow0