FEATURE REQUEST: Fading fanart in showcase view.
Beautiful skin, love the showcase view. I will definitely have to update some of my fanart! One thing I noticed was that when fanart is selected to on and each movie's fanart comes up when cycling, that it does not fade in and out. I noticed it does fade to the backdrop folder background if a selected movie does not have fanart associated with it.

Was wondering if it would be possible to have the same fade when cycling through movies? Right now the movies below cycle beautifully - but the fanart above them jumps in instantly, causing a not very pleasing effect to the eye in my opinion. Would love to see some fading in there! Smile

Either way great work djh!
Should be fading already, I think. Check the last few seconds of the trailer I posted yesterday and see if that's what you're talking about.
Hi, the fade is definitely apparent to me in the trailer, but for some reason not when viewing in XBMC. It appears as though it is instantaneous? I can definitely see fading when going from a movie with fanart to one with none associated, as it fades into and image located in the backdrop folder.

But ya, not sure what could be causing this? Maybe the fanart is loading too fast?
Might just be too demanding for your hardware. Or maybe something about how your system's set up. We'll see if anyone else chimes in with the same symptoms and work from there.
Great! Thanks. I also just noticed that sometimes you can see the backdrop image for a split second when cycling in between movies. So I am thinking when the fanart is loading instead of doing a fade there is nothing there, and hence you can see the regular backdrop image of the movies folder??

Not sure what the problem is, I am pretty sure my hardware is up to spec. Am curious if anyone else is having this problem.
Maybe it is caching.
When I ran it for the first time it was similar to that.
Try dropping the thumbnail cache size in advancedsettings.xml to something like 400 or below, then deleting your thumbnails and recaching them. Showcase performance varies a lot depending on that variable.
jtap06 Wrote:Great! Thanks. I also just noticed that sometimes you can see the backdrop image for a split second when cycling in between movies. So I am thinking when the fanart is loading instead of doing a fade there is nothing there, and hence you can see the regular backdrop image of the movies folder??

Not sure what the problem is, I am pretty sure my hardware is up to spec. Am curious if anyone else is having this problem.

Make sure you are on a recent build, I had one installation that was doing the same thing and it was a build from back in February; updated to a more recent (March 20) and it's smooth as can be.

Hope that helps!

-stoli-
As stoli points out, it's due to an old build.

Aeon Stark requires a very new build. If you don't have one, then get one before making claims that things don't work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just did a complete uninstall and updated the build and it is still doing the same thing? Not trying to make a claim that things don't work either jmarshall. The first post I made was actually a feature request..
At the very least you've got to mention which version you updated to, right?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FEATURE REQUEST: Fading fanart in showcase view.0