Stark Fanart Cycling Very Fast
I am running Stark on Windows (the recommended build from DJH's post). I added a bunch of fanart to the appropriate Aeon directories for backdrops. The problem is that they backdrops are cycling by themselves at a rapid rate, as soon as it fades in, it fades out and the next image shows up. I can't get the same behavior that you see in the final trailer vid, where it shows one backdrop for each time you move to a horizontal menu item.

Sorry if I missed something obvious.
I am having the exact same problem... on both my PC and my Xbox. I put the fanart in the folders (in the skin) and it cycles very fast....
Figured it out by trial and error. Don't drop em in the media/backdrops/default_type folders in the skin directory. You have to put them somewhere else and then tell the skin where to find them. I just put 'em on the network and it works great... They do change slowly if you don't touch anything for a while, otherwise behaves just like the video, very nice!
Thanks Smile
Ok, I had that problem too and a I solved putting backdrops in another directory... however I have a question/issue...
... I'm trying to package Aeon in a DEB (Debian Package) for Debian/Ubuntu Linux distros (and derivative) and I thought that it would have been a good idea to have separate packages to let the user easily install new backdrops... So finally it would be useful to have a single dir to put the backdrops in, without having the user touch the settings. This is because in a Linux environment, the Administrator User installs stuff in system-dirs (xbmc and aeon are installed there) but every program configuration is stored in the user HOME directory.
So the idea to have the user go to Settings and change the dir where to pick the backdrops, doesn't fit with the "package install" paradigm for backdrops.
And finally why the "default" dir has such a behaviour (fast cycling) while a user-defined dir does not?
(just asking, not flamming)
In a Linux environment if would be nice to have Aeon read backdrops from a system dir that can be fed installing packages system-wide...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stark Fanart Cycling Very Fast0