FEATURE REQUEST: Music Lyrics
MediaStream has it and I love it.
It would be nice to be able to fetch the lyrics from the net and have Aeon display it.
i agree, +1 for lyrics link in music osd (btw, it's there in pm3.hd too) Smile
+1 too, it would be great indeed
+1
+1
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
+1, as an optional feature....But what real benefit does having lyrics give anyone? As far as i'm concerned, if you like a song, you know the lyrics....Simple as that.
ethan_9219 Wrote:+1, as an optional feature....But what real benefit does having lyrics give anyone? As far as i'm concerned, if you like a song, you know the lyrics....Simple as that.

For me it is not that simple (maybe because english is not my native language, dunno if it is yours).
I do know the lyrics for my favorite songs, but I only download full albums. So it's always good to know the lyrics of the less famous ones (and I really can't get most of them only by listening).
Discaciate Wrote:For me it is not that simple (maybe because english is not my native language, dunno if it is yours).
I do know the lyrics for my favorite songs, but I only download full albums. So it's always good to know the lyrics of the less famous ones (and I really can't get most of them only by listening).

Yes, English is my native language. From your point of view, i guess i can see that this would make perfect sense.

But, don't get me wrong, i wasn't trying to knock the idea in the first place, just didn't understand fully the reasons, i guess.
ethan_9219 Wrote:But, don't get me wrong, i wasn't trying to knock the idea in the first place, just didn't understand fully the reasons, i guess.

Don't worry.
At no moment I had that impression.
Also if you like 100 songs, will you absolutely know all the lyrics flawlessly?

+1 to the feature (could a viz plug-in make this? it would then be optional, right?)
+1 but its not really important right now. Lets see the finished skin before we start worrying about trivial things like this Big Grin
Hidd3nFury Wrote:+1 but its not really important right now. Lets see the finished skin before we start worrying about trivial things like this Big Grin

It is the all the members of the user community contributing ideas that helps make for a finished skin. Besides, who are you to say what is or isn't a finished skin? I'm sure the definition varies between everyone.
ethan_9219 Wrote:It is the all the members of the user community contributing ideas that helps make for a finished skin. Besides, who are you to say what is or isn't a finished skin? I'm sure the definition varies between everyone.

Why do you say it as if I disagreed with the request? I was merely stating that I'd rather see the more important things such as the tv shows section first.

And although it may not be my place to say when the skin is finished, the fact that the creator himself has a to do list in the stickies suggest that it is not finished.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Why do you say it as if I disagreed with the request? I was merely stating that I'd rather see the more important things such as the tv shows section first.

And although it may not be my place to say when the skin is finished, the fact that the creator himself has a to do list in the stickies suggest that it is not finished.

I don't mean to say it as if you disagreed with the request. You obviously don't, as evident by your "+1". And you are right, you were merely stating that YOU WOULD rather see the more important things such as TV Shows section first. But, that has to be a personal opinion, doesn't it? I mean, yes i think things such as what you mentioned should be the more obvious choice for implementing and finishing first, but some people might disagree with that.

Personally, i don't like to ever call things 'finished', especially open-source projects that rely on everybody's involvement and suggestions.

So, no, i don't mean to say you disagree, but i just mean that i think everything is relative from each individual's opinion.
It is a script you can run completely independent of the skin.
grab it from the xbmc Repo Installer (see sticky in the python forums)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FEATURE REQUEST: Music Lyrics0