Skinners tools
hi all.
small question for the xbmc skinners, what are the tools you using for skins development...?

in the http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Skinning_XBMC in the skinning tools part i see not working links into the tools, after googling i've found old version (2004year) of xvmc skin editor (but it 's useless program imho, i 've found version 2.0 beta and it's useless too becouse it cannot show visual representation of developed xml window) and xprexpress who compress all media resources into the one .xpr file...is it all?

is any visual tools in svn or other sites for skin development except notepad and other xml editors Smile for working with xml windows or whole approriated skin?

ps: if no i think the skins development process is very difficult Smile and skinners are great developers Smile
Since being able to have xbmc on the PC skinning has become alot easier. Here is what I do:

Install XBMC for pc, edit .xml and test and so on and so on.
There is no tool that will automatically show what you´re coding in an xbmc preview if that´s what you mean. It´s basically a matter of running XBMC on your PC/Mac while you´re working on the skin in an editor. Using the refresh command will show the changes you´re making quickly.
thx, i understand, thx for the advise to use the refresh command ('ll try to include refresh command for all my windows in debugging), before i'm tired to rerun xbmc Smile
just make a custom keymap.xml file in your userdata dir with this in it
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <end>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</end>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <Home>
    <keyboard>
      <end>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</end>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>
</keymap>

that way pushing the end key anywhere will reload the skin with the new changes you made
Thumbs Up 
Jezz_X Wrote:just make a custom keymap.xml file in your userdata dir with this in it
[skipped]

that way pushing the end key anywhere will reload the skin with the new changes you made

it's great, thx you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinners tools0