Aeon gets banners instead of posters for TV Shows (banners not supported?!)?
Question 
Now I know I discussed managing expectations for TV shows the other day, but thought i'd bring this up...

The TV Show picture used to represent said TV show is in poster form, but downloads a banner.

TheTVDB.com allows you to tell the difference between posters and banners (posters are like DVD art work and banners are wide). As Aeon displays these images in a DVD style shape, we should be using posters....

Thoughts?
iBeech Wrote:As Aeon displays these images in a DVD style shape, we should be using posters....

Yes, as stated many times before AEON will not officially support banners.
Hitcher Wrote:Yes, as stated many times before AEON will not officially support banners.

Is there any way to change all my banners to posters? Without redo my complete library?

/Söder
soder Wrote:Is there any way to change all my banners to posters? Without redo my complete library?

/Söder

I posted an answer to this in your other thread. In short, I would use Media Companion.
I've just gone through each TV show and selected the poster for the show, instead of the default banner.

Posters are usually at the bottom of the list, so it can be a pain in the ass, but the beautiful aeon stark skin does a preview you for you Smile
Hitcher Wrote:Yes, as stated many times before AEON will not officially support banners.
I was more than willing to give Stark a running chance (I always thought the original was pretty, but "unwieldy").
This is a major show stopper. Some people prefer them and it's such a waste to deny them the pleasures of an otherwise stunning skin :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
You like banners so much that you'd be willing to not even try a skin that doesn't have them? I used to like them, but have come to like the posters much better. I don't miss them at all now.
I dont care which we use, so long as if we choose posters, we download posters or if we use banners we download banners Smile
smcnally75 Wrote:You like banners so much that you'd be willing to not even try a skin that doesn't have them? I used to like them, but have come to like the posters much better. I don't miss them at all now.
yeah, and I don't like to have to replace all my banners manually.
Does any other skin force you to use one or the other?
But that's my loss I guess.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sad 
I tend to agree with sho on this one. Aeon is definitely the most innovative skin for XBMC and it is simply stunning, thank you developers for all your hard work on this magnificent addition to XBMC. The advances that have been made from the original stark release to the version currently available today in the SVN (or GIT in this case) are also commendable. However, as far as banner support goes I feel compelled to state that your hard-line opposition to banner art is a bit unfair. I personally prefer banner art rather than the non-standard landscape art for both season and show listings that the newest version or aeon and I feel based on your tone and arguments against banner support in these forums that this is just a power play to avoid adding functionality that you personally do not prefer where as many other people in this community tend to disagree. Additionally, banner art is supported in all the other skins I run on all my XBMC installations so changing the art I already have would just be a major hassle. To be honest it wouldn’t be that difficult to add support for banner art in the already implemented TV view. All that would be required is a switch to change the side scroller selector at the bottom from the non-standard landscape art ratios (narrow) currently used by aeon to banner ratios (wide) the height would remain static in both cases and only the horizontal width would be scaled out to accommodate the banners. I wouldn’t care if I could only see half a banner on either side of the actively selected one; I feel it would look just as good and satisfy everyone.

Just my thoughts,
Keep up the good work

Slice

P.S. I will continue using the aeon skin on my PC install of XBMC regardless of whether or not you add support for TV banners to the side scroller but I will not be changing my art just to accommodate aeon (i have several other XBMC boxes that use the same shared network recources to scrape meta data and art that don't have enough power to run aeon), the banner art is what works best on my other installs and you should consider that fact. I guess aeon’s TV section will just have to deal with a really ugly TV side scroller. (NOTE: the rest of the TV sections appearance is second to none, simply beautiful)
since it is unlikely that those in control of this projust will accept banner size art in the sidescroller of the TV view i wold like to learn a little about modifying these parimiters myself. with regards to implementing this type of functionality myself, could some one point to the the correct XML that dictates this perimeter (size of the landscape art in the TV view sidescroller) as well as the section of the XML. thanks
You can re-add the source and in the content settings select prefer posters and it will grab those over banners. Or was the point that you didn't want to rescan everything over?
Star 
vism Wrote:You can re-add the source and in the content settings select prefer posters and it will grab those over banners. Or was the point that you didn't want to rescan everything over?

I use a NFO management application to download meta data and art files, with a library the size of mine having XBMC do the scraping from the internet would be WAY too time consuming. And the issue is not the fact that I can’t get art formatted in a proprietary manner that works only in aeon (because I can) but the fact that we shouldn’t have to if we already have art that meets the well established standards of an already vibrant community.
sho Wrote:I was more than willing to give Stark a running chance (I always thought the original was pretty, but "unwieldy").
This is a major show stopper. Some people prefer them and it's such a waste to deny them the pleasures of an otherwise stunning skin :p

agreed Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon gets banners instead of posters for TV Shows (banners not supported?!)?0