• 4(current)
[MOD] Aeon Stark Lite (Xbox Friendly) Here & Now
Would like to try this... what do we do about the dead link?
UPDATE

see first post
Works fantastic on Apple TV, Thank you!!!
Bows.
Hats off to you rudeboyx! I was thinking this was the first skin that wouldnt make an appearance on the Xbox in some shape or form.

Hopefully I'll be testing very soon. Big Grin

Well in fella!
I can confirm that the unpacked version for apple tv works great, so far no visual issues found.
An awesome update rudeboyx. Works great on my xbox. I have all of my backgrounds in 720p BMP format and video works fine. The video is on my xbox hard drive though if that is an issue. I will convert my backgrounds to jpg as recommended though.

Is the issues with stark and the xbox purely a memory issue or a cpu resources issue. If its the cpu resources I would have thought BMP would use less to display as it isn't compressed like jpg (jpg needs deconding etc.)

Nice one
jamsponge Wrote:An awesome update rudeboyx. Works great on my xbox. I have all of my backgrounds in 720p BMP format and video works fine. The video is on my xbox hard drive though if that is an issue. I will convert my backgrounds to jpg as recommended though.

Is the issues with stark and the xbox purely a memory issue or a cpu resources issue. If its the cpu resources I would have thought BMP would use less to display as it isn't compressed like jpg (jpg needs deconding etc.)

Nice one

What version of textures.xpi are you using? video is not working on my xbox Sad
jamsponge Wrote:An awesome update rudeboyx. Works great on my xbox. I have all of my backgrounds in 720p BMP format and video works fine. The video is on my xbox hard drive though if that is an issue. I will convert my backgrounds to jpg as recommended though.

Nice one

purley memmory

720p bmb = 2.5mb approx
720p jpg = .5mb approx

it has to be loaded into the memory to be displayed hence why not have it take up 1/5th that of a bmp
How about the fanart xbmc downloads automatically?
Does lowing video cache settings help out with the video playback issues as well? If so what are your cache settings set to where you get this working? I'd love to get this working cleanly, but last night when I tried this I wasn't getting any video to play, I'll be tweaking a lot more things tonight to try and reduce memory usage.
kruykaze Wrote:What version of textures.xpi are you using? video is not working on my xbox Sad

try the tips as iv posted in this thread

delete guisettings.xml (Will require complete set up of all xbmc options)
convert backdrops to 960x540 jpgs
turn of as many features as your comfortable with
use SD.xpr

(TIP) turn on debug mode in system settings to get a visual on ram usage when you get to episode level or movie level it needs to say at least 10000/64000 kb to playback video. sometimes if you wait around it increases which leads me to believe its definatley a system resorce using memory and not skin
maui917 Wrote:Does lowing video cache settings help out with the video playback issues as well? If so what are your cache settings set to where you get this working? I'd love to get this working cleanly, but last night when I tried this I wasn't getting any video to play, I'll be tweaking a lot more things tonight to try and reduce memory usage.

iv been using default caches but please let me know if you have any luck with ajustments (every little helps)
glad to hear the appletv version is working now. which download are you using.
kruykaze Wrote:How about the fanart xbmc downloads automatically?

not much you can do but it is cached as a jpg then retitled .tbn so its in the correct format its just the dimensions thats the problem but if all main backdrops are reduced fanart may be ok at 1280x720.

lets hope the xbmc developers are going to introduce a advancedsettings.xml feature to reduce fanart cache size like icons. that would solve alot of problems
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Stark Lite (Xbox Friendly) Here & Now3