• 5(current)
[MOD] Aeon Stark Lite (Xbox Friendly) Here & Now
rudeboyx Wrote:try the tips as iv posted in this thread

delete guisettings.xml (Will require complete set up of all xbmc options)
convert backdrops to 960x540 jpgs
turn of as many features as your comfortable with
use SD.xpr

(TIP) turn on debug mode in system settings to get a visual on ram usage when you get to episode level or movie level it needs to say at least 10000/64000 kb to playback video. sometimes if you wait around it increases which leads me to believe its definatley a system resorce using memory and not skin

I've done all that except for downsampling backdrops.I'll just remove them when i get home and try again.
It looks like there's a glitch with the progress bar in the 720p unpacked version:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4307/34815681.jpg

Can anyone else verify this?
rudeboyx Wrote:and remember resize backdrops and fanart to (960x540 jpgs)

The aeon project website states that uncompressed bmp files should be used for fanart and backdrops. Would either work or are you suggesting to go 960x540 jpg format?

And thanks a LOT for the updated textures.
tried out the 720p unpacked on my appletv, works much better than the original xpr, so thank you for that.

there are some still really slow parts with cover flow and especially the file manager system, but its usable now. sometimes i see thumbnails flashing blank while flipping through them. i doubt that is anything you can fix and is probably just a limitation of the appletv hardware.

just a tip, don't try to do video calibration.. there are no arrows Smile they are missing in the original version too, but took me 5 min of testing to get it back.
HandBanana Wrote:The aeon project website states that uncompressed bmp files should be used for fanart and backdrops. Would either work or are you suggesting to go 960x540 jpg format?

And thanks a LOT for the updated textures.

DJH sugest this soley to improve the speed that the backdrop are displayed and for fading in and out porposes, but thats no use if you cant get the backdrops to display at all. bmps did work fine with the original version of aeon but that was a much less feature packed skin which didnt require as much memory to run.

so to clarify jpg definately the way to go for memory saving.
thrasherx Wrote:It looks like there's a glitch with the progress bar in the 720p unpacked version:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4307/34815681.jpg

Can anyone else verify this?

I can confirm that.. not sure how to fix it though Sad
Question 
Ok I've downloaded the XPR files, but which textures.XPR file do we replace? (i couldnt see in the original post instructions on where to put it).
remove all files and folders from the original media folder and simply replace with the 1 texture.xpr file
rudeboyx,

I'm sad to report that I'm still having issues playing videos with Aeon loaded. I have regenerated the guisetting.xml file, I am using the SD textures.xpr package, and I'm not using an special backdrops for now.

In debug mode, I have more than 33k available memory. By the time I get to the movie selection, it is down to about 11k. I might be able to start a TV shows or two at this point, but I have not been able to play any movies yet.

Do you have any ideas?

(all of the content is streaming over the local network).
It is important to mention that XBMC started having issues with memory in the last couple of month which have been adressed in the latest nightly builds.
The latest build as of now is 19098.
I'll check it out when i get home and let you know if that fixes the problem.
ugh, my bloody xbox is messed up Confused

I downloaded the latest t3ch build, replaced the aeon stark XPR file, uploaded (all files success transfer), run the XBE, black screen! gawd.

It's even codded up my old xbmc install somehow (removing some thumbnail icons) -how the hell!? Tongue
PantsOnFire Wrote:ugh, my bloody xbox is messed up Confused

I downloaded the latest t3ch build, replaced the aeon stark XPR file, uploaded (all files success transfer), run the XBE, black screen! gawd.

It's even codded up my old xbmc install somehow (removing some thumbnail icons) -how the hell!? Tongue

The latest T3ch happened before the supposed fix.

google "xbmc nightly build"
[a little OT]
yes, that memory issue makes me crazy.
all my skins (basics vision, vinci, vision2... except pm3) are running out of memory.
since the last 3 builds, i guess.
but nice to see, that i'm not alone with that problem.

by now, xbmc on xbox feels like a beta-system Wink
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
donabi Wrote:[a little OT]
yes, that memory issue makes me crazy.
all my skins (basics vision, vinci, vision2... except pm3) are running out of memory.
since the last 3 builds, i guess.
but nice to see, that i'm not alone with that problem.

by now, xbmc on xbox feels like a beta-system Wink

Follow krukayze's suggestion. Latest nightly seems to be okay on the memory front..... for now. Will test further.

But it still won't successfully run Stark... will try to revert to an older build and see if it's any better.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I confirm the latest nightly with sd.xpr fanart works fine on xbox.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Stark Lite (Xbox Friendly) Here & Now3