[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get a Spectrum Analyzer working for iMON VFD (like ex. Antec Fusion)
Thumbs Up 
So...

If you want the spectrum analyzer on your imon VFD/antec fusion 430 to work with xbmc try the following.

1. Open up the VFD control panel.
2a. Click on the Graphic EQ tab.
2b. Make sure you select your Audio Output device as the source and check "All System Sounds".
3a. If you click on the Auto Tab, you should select the sensitivity of the EQ to <5%.
3b. Apply Changes
4. Open up the stock windows volume control and select properties, then recording from the options tab.
5. Make sure Stereo Mix (or Wave Out Mix, or equivalent) is checked and crank the recording volume up on both it and the master if one exists.
6. Play an mp3 with xbmc and watch the spectrum analyzer on your case work.
7. Altering the recording volume will change the peaks of the bars on the spectrum analyzer.

No need for any drivers other than the ones that came stock.

Note: This does not work with SPDIF audio that passes straight through to a receiver (DD,DTS,AC3 etc).
I know this is an old post and forgive me for resurfacing it but i think its pretty interesting.

The only problem is that by enabling all system sounds it prevents hibernation or sleep... which is baaaad.

I am almost clueless when it comes to writing scripts. I understand some of the basic ones but I wouldn't know where to begin but...

Surely there would be a way to write a single line/basic code to open imon manager, uncheck the box and then apply the changes. This code could then configured be in task scheduler to either run before xbmc starts or after 15 minutes of pc inactivity. If you then set your pc to sleep after 20mins of inactivity then it should go to sleep.
Obviously a reverse code would be needed on waking or closing xbmc.
The latest version of the iMon software includes support for XBMC natively without having to use "All System Sounds".

However, in order for it to work, you must delete the username and password for the web server inside XBMC as the iMon software (currrently) does not support the specification of a username and password. If you have one specified all that will be displayed on the display is:

XBMC [STOP]

Deleting the username and password from XBMC will allow the iMon software to read the track data and the spectrum analyzer will work. Obviously, make sure the computer your running XBMC on does not allow connections to port 80 (or whichever HTTP port your using) to come through from the web, as this would be a major security issue. If you have a NAT router this should be sufficient, as long as it's not forwarding port 80 to the machine your running XBMC on.

I can't see a situation where anyone would want to be controlling XBMC if they're not at the location it's running on anyway, but i bet someone will post to the contrary.

Smile

Posting this as I just ran into this very issue, and decided to let others know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get a Spectrum Analyzer working for iMON VFD (like ex. Antec Fusion)0