AEON STARK: Tips and FAQs
How do I access the Aeon Assistant / Button Menu?

Pressing 'S' on your keyboard or an assigned key on your remote invokes the Button Menu, a series of global shortcuts that make navigation within Aeon considerably more efficient. This has been found to cause problems for users with too few buttons on their remotes (AppleTV or Xbox, for example). A workaround is planned.

The Aeon Assistant displays news updates from the Aeon server, vital statistics and credits. It can be accessed from the Button Menu.

My chosen language uses diacritical signs / cyrilic characters. Are these supported?

More or less. The fonts are currently being worked on by the XBMC community but are present in the Stark release. For cyrilic or Korean fonts, be sure to select the relevant font in the XBMC:Appearance settings section before you change languages.

I don't get Weather info on the Home page / The fanart doesn't crossfade / The media flags don't display, even though I've named my files correctly

Aeon requires the very latest SVN builds of XBMC to function correctly. Older builds like the Atlantis stable release are too old. Check the forums or http://www.aeonproject.com for recommended builds.

Why must I go through another page (Genre, etc.) when exiting the Library?

This is default XBMC behaviour, though an option is on its way that skips this screen. An easy fix can be found here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=305...stcount=11

Where is the Aeon PDF manual?

Somewhere in a far away land. It's a very time-consuming business and has been put on hold for now.

How do I bring up info for movies and music, and why isn't metadata X shown?

Pressing 'I' or the assigned Info button on your remote will bring up the fullscreen info pages. A comprehensive Info screen customisation section is under development (think the Virtual OSD but for Info) which will offer the full range of movie and music metadata.

I've toggled off the Settings button in the Customisation screen and now I can't access Settings at all!

This is a known issue for users unable to access the Button Menu, which is where the alternative Settings shortcut lives. A workaround is planned. If you find yourself stuck, open the guisettings.xml file in your userdata folder, find the following:

<setting type="bool" name="Aeon Stark.nosettings">true</setting>

...and change the value to "false".

When can I expect the proposed changes/fixes to be available?

A number of small patches will be made available over the coming days and weeks to address minor issues in the Stark release. The 1.0 "Auriga" version, complete with the new TV Shows component, will be available shortly thereafter. There is no concrete release date.

Will Aeon Stark run on my Xbox?

It wasn't designed to, but one resourceful user has created a 'port'. I haven't the time nor means to test it myself, though I understand it does the job. I certainly can't guarantee similar performance to Aeon on more powerful platforms.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47795
Well, i for one am glad the PDF manual will come some time...it looks nearly as good as the skin...well, almost.
djh_ Wrote:

[b]My chosen language uses diacritical signs / cyrilic characters. Are these supported?

More or less. The fonts are currently being worked on by the XBMC community but are present in the Stark release. For cyrilic or Korean fonts, be sure to select the relevant font in the XBMC:Appearance settings section before you change languages.

djh

What if you want English GUI, but you want all files/desciptions/plots in other languages to display properly.
nekrosoft13 Wrote:djh

What if you want English GUI, but you want all files/desciptions/plots in other languages to display properly.

ie:

Region= Central Europe
Language=English
Charset=Central Europe ISO

Displays properly Czech plots/titles, if you provide CE/Unicode font.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

Well, how to have backdrops cycling in the file mode ? Is it possible ?
I can get this in the library but not in file.

ThanxWink
I'm closing this because it's not really the place for follow-up comments. Please post them in the main forum where they can be attended to properly. Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON STARK: Tips and FAQs0