• 8(current)
Skin Based Full Media Flagging - a holdover until the real deal is done
If you store them in their own folders then you have to make sure the folder name is correct and you can rename the movies with the appropriate info or just leave it as it like I do.

ie

Movies/Point Of No Return/Point.Of.No.Return.1993.720p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE.mkv
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.nfo
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.tbn
Movies/Point Of No Return/fanart.jpg
Movies/Point Of No Return/folder.jpg

XBMC uses the folder name and Aeon picks up bluray from the file name.
Hitcher Wrote:If you store them in their own folders then you have to make sure the folder name is correct and you can rename the movies with the appropriate info or just leave it as it like I do.

ie

Movies/Point Of No Return/Point.Of.No.Return.1993.720p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE.mkv
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.nfo
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.tbn
Movies/Point Of No Return/fanart.jpg
Movies/Point Of No Return/folder.jpg

XBMC uses the folder name and Aeon picks up bluray from the file name.

I'm using video_ts folders for all my DVD rips so I can't figure out a way to display the source tag. It'd be a lot easier for me if the source tag was in the NFO file... unless there's another way anyone knows of?
You could convert them to ISOs using IMGBurn.
Custom nfo...
Custom xbmc database able to collect everything is in the nfo
xbmc able to pubblish all the data collected in the db using the tag name

And then.... the new skin era should arise... Smile
Seemingly dumb question, but the XBMC project as a whole decides on how the NFOs should look like right?
Can't "we" just agree on adding tags to the NFO xml schema containing info about source, resolution, subtitles etc and do without these hacks like editing filenames, storing info in the studio tag and so on?
phunqe Wrote:Seemingly dumb question, but the XBMC project as a whole decides on how the NFOs should look like right?
Can't "we" just agree on adding tags to the NFO xml schema containing info about source, resolution, subtitles etc and do without these hacks like editing filenames, storing info in the studio tag and so on?

Good point.

It would be awesome if XBMC would make MIP obsolete (no offense to MIP) and added all the studio / bitrate / resolution tags itself...
Crewone Wrote:Good point.

It would be awesome if XBMC would make MIP obsolete (no offense to MIP) and added all the studio / bitrate / resolution tags itself...

Well MIP wouldn't anyway become obsolete, it does much more than handling media flag and YES "we" can agree on what there should be in the nfo file but then someone has to implement it in xbmc in the parser, database and skinning engine to make it back available to the skinners (no, you cannot read directly the nfo file from a skin).
phunqe Wrote:Seemingly dumb question, but the XBMC project as a whole decides on how the NFOs should look like right?
That's exactly what's coming soon. This is only for those of who can't wait.
I dind't mean to imply to make MIP obsolete, it would just be great if all such programs (XBMC included) could have a standard to work with Smile

I will be patient then :p
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Based Full Media Flagging - a holdover until the real deal is done0