[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Alternative cover dimensions
While admittedly I haven't tried Stark on a widescreen TV yet I have to say I don't like the proportions of the cover art in Movies/TV shows. I use DVD cover art for these images and the proportions are all wrong (far to thin) is there a simple way to modify the cover arts proportions? Do you have any plans to add options for different proportions of cover art? If not I would like to request such an option.

I find the average DVD cover artwork to be around 380x500 or equivalent where as the standard cover art in Stark is more like 330x500 so all my images I use for cover art end up getting cropped.

I hope you consider this djh but regardless this is still a great skin and I am very impressed so far. Big Grin
Mine are 1000x1500 so you'll want a 1:1.5 ratio.

I use GetVideoArtwork for all my posters as that's the size they use.
Hitcher Wrote:Mine are 1000x1500 so you'll want a 1:1.5 ratio.

I use GetVideoArtwork for all my posters as that's the size they use.

Yes I realise that... my point is I like to use DVD cover artwork and not posters, posters are fine in info view but the proportions are all wrong if you want to use DVD cover art. You end up having to warp/crop your images to make them fit, which obviously isn't an option since that looks terrible.

I don't want to use posters because I think all that text/release date stuff looks stupid for cover art, also I still think posters look way to skinny.

So this is just a request to have an option to use 2 sets of proportions for Movie/TV Show cover art. If posters are 1000x1500 then DVD cover artwork would be something like 1100x1500.
+1 - try finding posters for your kids dvd's.

Cant it just be an option? Aeon stark looks like it is all about customization so why not enabling a couple of options? (I still like the glass like dvd cover from earlier versions)

/needtotest
No one's said it can't be an option. The only reason it's not an option is because I don't live in a lamp and fart out code the moment it's proposed.

But yes, I appreciate that the rounded thumbnails might not to be to everyone's tastes and have an (optional) alternative in mind. Added to the ever-growing to-do list.
djh - you and your skin it taking xbmc to the next level. People will always have different needs and they way you have brought customization to the world of xbmc makes it even better. Just keep in mind that you need to "hide" the options not to cludder the nice interface you have created.

/needtotest
Well, the seed of the new Settings section was the need to keep it isolated from day-to-day browsing. It has a fair bit of space left for new options.
Quote: No one's said it can't be an option. The only reason it's not an option is because I don't live in a lamp and fart out code the moment it's proposed.

Nice one Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQUEST - ACCEPTED] Alternative cover dimensions0