Dvd video Play not possible? (latest svn)
I build the latest svn,
The Dvd video dont play on latest svn. Only i can play only vob files. I did not get the Dvd menu.
First, there's no such thing as 'latest svn'. Please name your exact revision. Secondly: Post a full debug log to pastebin.com and mention the URL here. Until then noboby can or will help you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy Wrote:First, there's no such thing as 'latest svn'. Please name your exact revision. Secondly: Post a full debug log to pastebin.com and mention the URL here. Until then noboby can or will help you.

I look at the log file at /var/tmp did not find there? Any suggestions to find log or create new?
very recent builds store it in ~/.xbmc/temp, but that might change again soon. nevertheless you have to enable debug logging in system settings or the log will not have enough information to debug.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Haggy Wrote:very recent builds store it in ~/.xbmc/temp, but that might change again soon. nevertheless you have to enable debug logging in system settings or the log will not have enough information to debug.

I will post the log in the evening.

The revision is 19098.
here is the log

http://pastebin.com/m710d24c
Unfortunately it is not a full debug log, but these lines:

Code:
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed

tells me that there's no menu available on the disc. Are you sure these files exist? Does that disc play in a standalone player? I'm no dev, but perhaps someone is reading along and has more insight than me.
Haggy Wrote:Unfortunately it is not a full debug log, but these lines:

Code:
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed

tells me that there's no menu available on the disc. Are you sure these files exist? Does that disc play in a standalone player? I'm no dev, but perhaps someone is reading along and has more insight than me.

xine plays dvd very well Sad
There was recent upgrade of libdvdnav/read in linuxport and IIRC there's another thread dealing with dvd playback issues. I think there's even a trac ticket - did you have a look there? Perhaps there's already a fix available.
thanks for your attention.

i am building up new svn Smile
Haggy Wrote:There was recent upgrade of libdvdnav/read in linuxport and IIRC there's another thread dealing with dvd playback issues. I think there's even a trac ticket - did you have a look there? Perhaps there's already a fix available.

can you link here which you mention?
I am on 19050 and I do get DVD playback but no Special Features playback at all. I can select them from the menu but it just stays on the special features menu and if I hit info on the remote it says it is playing but nothing happens. I tried a couple reboots but no luck.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dvd video Play not possible? (latest svn)0