[BUG] Resuming from standby causes XBMC to crash
I have reproduced this on two boxes now.

When using the shutdown idle to put the system into standby,after bringing it backup, xbmc crashes.the only wayt o get functionality back is to restart the applicatio.

A dialog appears over the crashed xbmc which blames program xbmc.xbe

This is witht r18627. I have also tried it with the latest code Sad

Im running windows vista 32-bit
also confirmed for hibernation
Thumbs Up 
I have written a small application which fixes this problem until the devs do a propper fix...

-When your system resumes, XBMC is restarted

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymkyzknyt4d

All you have to to is set this application to auto run with your machine.

Enjoy!
iBeech Wrote:I have written a small application which fixes this problem until the devs do a propper fix...

-When your system resumes, XBMC is restarted

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=13021...6e282a0ee8

All you have to to is set this application to auto run with your machine.

Enjoy!

Sounds very interesting but that link doesn't seem to work.
I fixed it now Smile damn mediafire.

The source code is also in my file store if anyone is interested.
I can't get it to work, can you help?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47477

someone should open up a trac ticket, if not done already. i'm too lazy to do it myself.
i tried that fix and although it sort of works have found my screen stays dim, even in windows, very strange
OK,

There are two bugs here

1) XBMC crashes on resume
2) If XBMC crashes or is closed in an impropper way while dimmed, the screen will stay dimmed.

Raising these tickets now.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6219

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6221
I was never able to reproduce 1) on my XP. Surely the gui was blurred after resume (which I still can't fix as of yet) but XBMC still worked for me.

Concerning 2) what shall we do if XBMC is crashed? If you speak about the screensaver dimming we do this by applying a gamma ramp which needs to be reversed in order to restore the previous state. If XBMC has crashed we can't do so. So its more important to find the reason for the crash or what ever you mean with an improper close.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I join this thread instead of opening a new one cause it seems appropriate.
I have just discovered that xbmc is some way the reason why on my pc I need to press the power button 2 times before it could wake from S3.

I don't turn off the pc, just send it in s3 standby with xbmc still running and this is what happens when I go for resume it:

- I press the power button. Windows resuming screen appears on the display exactly the way it should
- After about 10 seconds the pc goes back into the s3 standby
- I press again the power button and the pc correctly resume in a couple of seconds.

I never figured what the problem was until I tried closing xbmc before going into standby mode. So I discovered that if xbmc is not running, the resume works well at first shot.
i have been experiencing similar crashing/lack of display output when return from hibernate for a while now.

after power button to resume, if i get a blank screen, i have to hit reset button on pc to reboot. powerbutton again seems to put the pc to sleep, however the pc will resume again on next button press with blank screen output.

Dam0
iBeech Wrote:I have written a small application which fixes this problem until the devs do a propper fix...

iBeech I found your tiny application very very useful! Thanks a lot Nod
I also think it would definitely be amazing if this application could be expanded a bit and I would do it by myself if only I was able to program. For example:

- launch more than 1 application sequentially when resuming from standby
- customize the application list with a simple .ini or similar
- close a given application (or all applications) before entering in standby (this would be a killer feature! Wink)

Too many pretensions? Big Grin
WiSo Wrote:I was never able to reproduce 1) on my XP. Surely the gui was blurred after resume (which I still can't fix as of yet) but XBMC still worked for me.

Concerning 2) what shall we do if XBMC is crashed? If you speak about the screensaver dimming we do this by applying a gamma ramp which needs to be reversed in order to restore the previous state. If XBMC has crashed we can't do so. So its more important to find the reason for the crash or what ever you mean with an improper close.

This bug is specifically about XBMC crashing after resume from standby / hibernation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] Resuming from standby causes XBMC to crash0