How to add Eject DVD Option?
When I go into advanced settings and add DVD drive everything works, however, there is no option to 'eject' the disc. This seems weird. Am I totally missing something? If not, how do you add a command to eject the disc?

I am looking for something like, when you select the disc the option will be 'play or eject' similar to frontrow?
Read this.
Thanks for the link, but I am not entirely sure how to and/or what XML file to put this in? Do I put the <onclick>EjectTray()</onclick> on the home.xml or in the keymap file?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
OK, I think I see where I would add the onclick on the home.xml file, however, how do I create something like this.

onclick ->bring up a selection menu to either Play DVD or Eject DVD
Then when you highlight Play DVD it would play and highlight Eject it would Eject.

This is for XBMC on a mac mini if that matters.
Bump, anyone have ideas on how to get a "Play DVD or Eject DVD" option when a DVD is inserted?

Thanks
Hi,
this issue was bothering me too. I found an ugly, but functional, workaround: I never used the Favorites, so I edited the button to work as eject.

Edit skins/MediaStream/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml, and look for the Favorites button (id is 3110, you can just search for the number). There you can replace the <onclick> function.

[Edit] it's of course called XBMC.EjectTray().
Smile 
I was also missing an Eject DVD menu item, so I just added it myself. On my Mac Mini I use the MediaStream skin, so I editted /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/skin/MediaStream/720p/Home.xml and added a new menu item by adding the following lines beneath the 'DVD button' menu item (line 1434):

<item id="11">
<description>Eject</description>
<label>Eject</label>
<label2>Eject the DVD</label2>
<visible>System.HasMediadvd + !Skin.HasSetting(HideDVD)</visible>
<onclick>XBMC.EjectTray()</onclick>
</item>

Now, when a DVD is inserted a menu option will show to eject the DVD. Strange though that this isn't in there by default?
I am using a white iMac Intel, OS Snow Leopard, latest build of XBMC with the Confluence skin (wow this is nice). I would like to have a universal keystroke that would eject my second dvd drive no matter what. Right now I just don't see how to do this.

I have auto-play-DVD selected, so I can pop in a new one easy enough and it plays fine (altough subtitles appear on some DVDs for a reason I can't control). When it's done, there is no easy way to get the disc out. I can click the "eject" icon in the menu bar, but it still doesn't come out. If I'm lucky I can Hide XBMC, use Disk Utility to eject, and go back, if I'm unlucks I have to quite XBMC completely and then use Disk Utility.

This was simpler on Windoze where if you just push the hardware eject, something ejects. I need the same ease of use on the Mac. I recognize I might just be short on clue, so anyone, anyone, please school me!

Thanks.
ScXbmc Wrote:I am using a white iMac Intel, OS Snow Leopard, latest build of XBMC with the Confluence skin (wow this is nice). I would like to have a universal keystroke that would eject my second dvd drive no matter what. Right now I just don't see how to do this.

I have auto-play-DVD selected, so I can pop in a new one easy enough and it plays fine (altough subtitles appear on some DVDs for a reason I can't control). When it's done, there is no easy way to get the disc out. I can click the "eject" icon in the menu bar, but it still doesn't come out. If I'm lucky I can Hide XBMC, use Disk Utility to eject, and go back, if I'm unlucks I have to quite XBMC completely and then use Disk Utility.

This was simpler on Windoze where if you just push the hardware eject, something ejects. I need the same ease of use on the Mac. I recognize I might just be short on clue, so anyone, anyone, please school me!

Thanks.

ScXbmc,

Hey sport this is a forum dealing with xTV and it's mods, if you are using another skin, its best to ask in that particular skins forum. In all likelyhood your problem has been looked after already there, so you will get better advise there. Also go check the hints and tips forum as I'm sure this has probably been dealt with there.

Having said that, the next release of 'xTV SAF' skin (v0.90?) has an eject button included on the video OSD screen.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add Eject DVD Option?1