[TIP] Big PNG creator
Create moviename.ext-big.png images from your movie.tbn files courtesy of fekker.

fekker Wrote:add the root path that contain your movies
Media > Movies_HD

it will scan recursively for all sub folders.. when it finds a valid movie file, it'll look for a movie.tbn, if there is not a <moviename>.<ext>-big.png there, it will copy the movie.tbn to <moviename>.<ext>-big.png

I didn't do any fancy background workers, so it may take a bit to run without any indication in the gui, depending on how many movies it's looking through..

Download
Thanks, Hitcher. We were actually coding one of these in Perl right now, but it looks like this will do the job for us! I'll try it when I get home tonight.
It got posted a while ago but is lost in the 'Preparing my media...' thread so I thought I'd bring to peoples attention now Stark's out.
Makes sense. Our script is written in Perl, which is cross-platform, so if anyone from the Linux or Mac side of the world is interested we can distribute it.
Let me guess you need to have your films in a folder as it don't work for me all my media is in one folder.
I can't get it to work either with all my movies in one folder.
Rocky5 Wrote:Let me guess you need to have your films in a folder as it don't work for me all my media is in one folder.

webfart Wrote:I can't get it to work either with all my movies in one folder.

"it will scan recursively for all sub folders.."

ie Movies in their own folders.
Hey Hitcher, thanks for the script, but is there a way to get it to work without sub folders? I know I'm not alone in not having my movies in seperate folders for each one...I wish I knew how to edit this myself, but unfortunatly its over my head. Thanks!
And one more question, I know its probobly dumb, and I'm missing somthing, but my info views allready show the thumbnails without renaming them. What does the -big get us exactly?
webfart Wrote:Hey Hitcher, thanks for the script, but is there a way to get it to work without sub folders? I know I'm not alone in not having my movies in seperate folders for each one...I wish I knew how to edit this myself, but unfortunatly its over my head. Thanks!
This is fekker's work not mine.
webfart Wrote:And one more question, I know its probobly dumb, and I'm missing somthing, but my info views allready show the thumbnails without renaming them. What does the -big get us exactly?
It makes a copy of your tbn and renames it to 'moviename.ext'-big.png so it'll show up in the info screen. Your original thumb needs to be nice and big to take full advantage of this feature though (I use 1000x1500).
Here's the difference between the moviename.ext-big.png and the cached thumb.

Maybe I'm crazy, but those look identical to me.
yeah, this does look pretty much identical to everyone...as has been pointed out, maybe not the best example? How about a higher quality thumb to begin with of a more recent film to show the differences between the cached thumb and the big.png?
One last time. Rolleyes

This is only on my normal PC so it's 720p not 1080p.

well tbh i think the effort should be put on the xbmc side to use the *.tbn file instead of a duplicate of it. (wishful thinking)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TIP] Big PNG creator0