New Media Flags
After the initial questions about hd-dvd and various other flags that djh probably didn't have the time or inclination to make. I took it upon myself to create a couple and post them on the forum for anyone else to use. As it turns out flag creating can be quite addictive! I've decided to put them all in one thread so people can access them if they want. If anyone has any requests please feel free to ask in the the thread and i'll see what i can do. Enjoy!!

Great work on those! can I request FLAC?
i love them for the most part Smile

can anyone package them up (with updated xml files to get them to work) please .. pretty pretty please with a cherry on top Wink
Freddo Wrote:Great work on those! can I request FLAC?

Ask and you shall receive Big Grin

Awesome man these looks nice. Thanks. Hopefully someone wants to implement them for us.
esdubu Wrote:Ask and you shall receive Big Grin

can i have 2 crates of lager?
i'd like to request ac3.
can you maybe upp your Includes_MediaFlags.xml where all your new flags are included?

would be very nice and perfect if you could update that file everytime you make new flags

greetz

btw.: nice work
redje Wrote:i'd like to request ac3.

If you can find me a logo for ac3 i'll make it for you but you should be aware that ac3=dolby digital so the logo should be dolby digital anyway. If you can't find a logo (I can't) i can always make one similar to the mp3 one above.
Heres a flac icon that matches the size of the other audio icons.
esdubu Wrote:If you can find me a logo for ac3 i'll make it for you but you should be aware that ac3=dolby digital so the logo should be dolby digital anyway. If you can't find a logo (I can't) i can always make one similar to the mp3 one above.

you're right thanks. Used the dolby digital logo instead
If you're not too busy, maybe a simple [adult swim] icon? You know, for the ATHF movie..

-- also, I'm having a go at editing the xml file and getting these working. I'll post back when I have some success.
great work with these Smile
It worked pretty well.. Some of the flags will need tweaking, but they show up. (Which is a start.)

XML:
http://paste2.org/p/175321

My changes are as follows:
Lines 197-211 are added Studios:
Weinstein Company - weinstein *
Focus Features - focus
Home Movies - home *

Lines 259-283 are added audio formats:
DTS-HD - dtshd
DTS-ES - dtses
Dolby TrueHD - dolbytruehd
FLAC - flac
MP3 - mp3

Lines 306-330 are added video formats:
HD-DVD - hddvd *
HDTV - hdtv
H.264 - h264 *
DivX - divx *
XviD - xvid

Problems: (the stars)
With both Weinstein Company & Home Movie logos, it is just too much detail for such a small icon.. You can't see it, and it looks poor. Also, the Weinstein Company logo overlaps logo next to it. (I don't know if that's just HD-DVD, or all. My guess is all, since HD-DVD is smaller than the others.)
H.264 falls into the same category: just too hard to see. DivX has a different problem, it runs into the logo next to it.
The DTS ones have an obvious problem: Stark is loading both the regular DTS logo, and the HD/ES ones. I'll try to fix this without changing the filename indicators, but that might not work.
Also, the DivX icon linked is named "divxd.png" that needs to be renamed to "divx.png".

Edit: Fixed DTS
Line 249 should be:
<visible>substring(listitem.filename,dts) + !substring(listitem.filename,dolbydigital) + !substring(listitem.filename,dtshd) + !substring(listitem.filename,dtses)</visible>
(and is that way here: http://paste2.org/p/175330)

Screenshots:
Focus Features, DivX, & Dolby TrueHD

Home Movies, H.264, & DTS-ES

Weinstein, HD-DVD, & MP3

HDTV & DTS-HD

XVID & FLAC

- Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Media Flags0