XBMC "laggs" when pressing Settings in the Scraper-window
I have a few issues.

When I press "Settings" in TV-scraper window everything freezies for a while, and then it goes back to normal.

This happened when I tried to exit via the menu as well, freezes and then it shuts down.

Sometimes when I start XBMC it keeps scanning the TV-series information, and I can access the information window and it says my memory is only 50-60 mb (out of 2 GB).

How do I completely uninstall XBMC ? I tried to delete the folder in both /usr/share/ and the home-folder, but when I reinstalled it still showed my library and scripts... Is there a way to reset EVERYTHING?

I use Ubuntu 8.04 on a MSI K9N SLI motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+, 2 GB RAM and GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MB.

I had installed the latest stable version and had every issue, I have installed the latest SVN now, and I have only the "Settings" in TV-scraper issue, but I have only tried 4-5 times...

EDIT: One more issue, sometimes when I start XBMC automatically (I have the command "xbmc" added in Sessions) it only shows a tiny windowd in the top left corner of the screen....
This probably happend due to thetvdb.com beeing down yesterday.
I believe that the scrapersettings window fetches some information from thetvdb.com before displaying it, yesterday when it was down, it made several attempts before timing out completely.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Ah... Then I didn't have to reinstall XBMC... Oh well, maybe I can try the VDPAU function now Big Grin

Thanks for clearing it up! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC "laggs" when pressing Settings in the Scraper-window0