default username / password smb not storing anymore
I thought my username and password was reset somewhere after i rebuilt xbmc, but it appears after i set it, the changes are not committed? I am using r18963.

http://pastebin.com/m77a79079
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
i just upped my revision to 19113 from today.... same issue. It doesnt seem to show my workgroup correctly either.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Your log doesn't seem to indicate you even attempted to access an smb share. Please also describe the problem in more detail. You were far to vague on the first attempt.
Seems to be a known issue.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6199

TheUni
sorry for the vague description. The trac ticket does describe the problem. I normally add my default username and password in the network settings for SMB access. This way when i add network shares to my vista pc, I do not have to enter in a username and password everytime i try to access my smb shares. The log file might not have shown me accessing these fields, because once i was on the network, smb tab, i just used the keyboard to type in the default username and password.

However in addition to the default username and password problem described, the Default WORKGROUP property information is not retained as well. In the network settings, i change the workgroup from the default "WORKGROUP" to another name such as "MYNETWORK". After changing this setting, XBMC will ask to be restarted. Once XBMC is restarted, if you go back to the network settings, you will see that the SMB workgroup is still set to WORKGROUP, not the new MYNETWORK setting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
default username / password smb not storing anymore0