Polish translation with fonts
Thumbs Up 
helo
I prepared Polish translating and Polish fonts. Please tests and hints.

Translating is Finished. It work! any problems with the font! final Version.

Instalation (.zip file):
- unpack and copy folders to Aeon Stark directory
- Set language to Polish
- Change in settings font to Aeon_Polish

If you want English GUI, but be able to display Polish fonts/letters correctly please copy fonts from my package and change font to Aeon_Polish.

Enjoy!

Fonts are the same as the original Aeon Stark only added of the Polish characters (this is not a full CE)

CHANGES
----------
- Add new and change strings for Auriga

04.04.09 16:45
- fixed bug in displaying

- Now not overwrite oryginal fonts
- added two missing in other vwersion strings!!!
- Few cosmetics amendments
- Version zip and instalation.exe
- Fixed errors found by the user Halibutt and a few cosmetic amendments

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tłumaczenie Ukończone. Wszystko działa, żadnych problemów z czcionką. Wersja Finalna mimo to prosze o ewentualne sugestie.

Instalacja (plik .zip):
1. Rozpakuj i skopiuj foldery do katalogu z Aeon Stark
2. Ustaw jezyk na Polski
3. Zmień w ustawienia czcionke na Aeon_Polish

Ciesz sie!

Czcionki są takie same jak użyte oryginalnie w Aeon Stark tylko uzupełnione o Polskie znaki (nie jest to pełne CE)

ZMIANY:
---------
- Dodano nowe oraz zmieniono istniejące wpisy pod Aeon Auriga

04.04.09 16:45
- Poprawiono błąd w wyświetlaniu

- teraz tłumaczenie nie nadpisuje oryginalnych czcionek
- Przetłumaczono i dodano dwa nowe brakujące w innych wersjach ciągi !!!
- kika drobnych poprawek kosmetycznych
- Wersja .zip oraz instalator .exe

- Poprawiono błedy wskazane przez użytkownika Halibutt oraz kilka poprawek kosmetycznych

AEON AURIGA (11.06.2009)
DOWNLOAD . ZIP

AEON STARK
Latest Version 2.0 (04.04.2009 16:45) (fixed bug in displaying)
DOWNLOAD .EXE

DOWNLOAD .ZIP

Older Version 1.1 (Overwrite fonts)
DOWNLOAD. ZIP

if necessary I can prepare a version of full CE font
Marcin77 Wrote:helo
I prepared Polish translating and Polish fonts. Translating is finished in 99,9 % Please tests and hints.

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy
Marcin, but this has already been done and is currently in testing... I'll try to combine our work Smile

EDIT: In most cases our translations are similar, except for the fact you used ANSI (which makes no Polish fonts show on my machine) and decided not to translate some strings (Backdrops, custom, feed, slideshow, cache, typ, trailer, label, commit - all these words have their counterparts in Polish). There are some better translations than mine though.

The fonts however must've been really hard work, good job! What fonts did you take the Polish glyphs from, if I may ask?
Cheers

Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:Marcin, but this has already been done and is currently in testing... I'll try to combine our work Smile

Previously I did not find a public version of your translation therefore I have made a decision of making my translation.

best regards
I have question for both of you

What if you want English GUI, but be able to display Polish fonts/letters correctly?

check here for example
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47779
nekrosoft13 Wrote:I have question for both of you

What if you want English GUI, but be able to display Polish fonts/letters correctly?

check here for example
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47779

install only fonts from my package
FINAL VERSION in first post

It work! any problems with the font!

Enjoy!
Are we decided that this is the Polish localisation of choice? If so, could you tweak it so it doesn't override any existing fonts or code so I can bundle it with the main release? Cheers.
djh_ Wrote:Are we decided that this is the Polish localisation of choice? If so, could you tweak it so it doesn't override any existing fonts or code so I can bundle it with the main release? Cheers.

currently do not possible is adapt translation without replace the existing fonts. The font in my translation is the same as the original supplemented with Polish characters (it is not fully CE, although I could to take this task in the future

best regards
Please take a look at my suggestion on font issues and look at trac ticket.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47557
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6226

I think we want to have more universal and xbmc wide support to solve these issues.
Good job on the fontsets. The translation could use some more work though. How about preparing a common download out of the work of both of us? Since there is a problem with how XBMC handles fonts, I'll stop working on my fontset for now as yours is great enough.

However, your translation has lots of flaws. I refer specifically to the following strings which IMHO look better in my version (in many cases you simply didn't translate them yet, so this shouldn't be a problem). I corrected all of them and integrated many others from your translation into my file. What do you think?

The download link and a list of flawed/omitted/incomprehensible strings from your translation can be found here. Could any admin combine our threads?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:Good job on the fontsets. The translation could use some more work though. How about preparing a common download out of the work of both of us? Since there is a problem with how XBMC handles fonts, I'll stop working on my fontset for now as yours is great enough.

However, your translation has lots of flaws. I refer specifically to the following strings which IMHO look better in my version (in many cases you simply didn't translate them yet, so this shouldn't be a problem). I corrected all of them and integrated many others from your translation into my file. What do you think?

The download link and a list of flawed/omitted/incomprehensible strings from your translation can be found here. Could any admin combine our threads?
Cheers
  • 31018 (text too long, doesn't show properly on my screen) /Corrected , but the former was scrolled/
  • 31087 (in my version I unified the usage of the term "strona główna" for all instances, per Discaciate's suggestion afair) /Corrected , unified/
  • 31100 (though again, this is not an error in your version, rather a choice of words) /Corrected /
  • 31101, 31107 and all similar (Porusz is good for those of us who have something to "move"; I'm using a keyboard where there's nothing to move) /you're right, Corrected /
  • 31106 (obiekt has a slightly different meaning in Polish than in English) (hmm RolleyesCorrected )
  • 31325, 31330 and 31335 (are you sure it's Synchronizacja?) (my mistake,Corrected )
  • 31430 (what does the Commit button actually do? How to translate it?) /I have no idea/
  • 31512 (mine's a tad informal, but at least proper Polish Wink /Corrected /

Thanks halibutt for indication of errors. I do not see the problem in the creation together one translation, and eg join of topics. I am add that over the translation and fonts I worked two days so please forgive my minor shortcomings.

Cheers
New version 04.04.09 looking first post

CHANGES
- Now not overwrite oryginal fonts
- added translating two missing in Halibutt version strings!!!
- Few cosmetics amendments
- Version zip and instalation .exe

Enjoy!
In the previous version (4.04.09) found the error causing the problem with displaying fonts. The error in the latest version has been remove.
Add version for Aeon Auriga see first post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Polish translation with fonts2