• 6(current)
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox
malsbury Wrote:I am seeing a very similar issue in trying to play TV Shows. Everything works fine with the 4/4 T3CH with the PH3.HD skin, but from the Stark_Lite skin I can not play TV Shows (.avi or .mpg). Movies play fine in Stark_Lite and the files are of similar origins and codecs. Here are two xbmc log files of me doing the exact same thing, once unsuccessfully with Stark_Lite and one without problem with PH3.HD. Basically just navigating from the home menu -> video -> TV Shows (smb share) -> Top Gear -> Select Episode to Play. Doing it this way it just fails to play and jumps back to the menu.

Stark_Lite: http://pastebin.com/f5a803a71

PH3.HD: http://pastebin.com/f45305347

If I use Library mode to navigate, it generally locks up the system when I select the episode.

Hope these are helpful.

I was having the same problems trying to watch some of my Tv show that are stored on my xbox. So I turn off the multi thumb (I think thats right) and just have that one image.Now Im able to play all avi's . Hope that helps.Laugh
HTPC
Operating System: Win7 64-Bit Pro w/SP1
System: Intel Core2Duo 3.0Ghz / 4GB PC6400 DDR2 / ATI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
XBMC Build: Kodi 14.0
Remote: Harmony One and HP Receiver
Display: 65" Toshiba dlp HDTV
XBOX
XBox Version: 1.6b
Xbox Mod: XboxHDM (Ndure)
Xbox Hard Drive: Seagate 400GB[/size]
Cranial Wrote:It's not the file causing the issue. With the TV episodes not playing I believe it's due to being stuck with the black overlay on top of background images, which is eating up memory. I assume the entire background image plus the overlay is loaded into RAM. I've found more freemem available with showcase over panel view.

Just my 2 cents.
If that's the case i will try makeing that panel smaller to see if it has any impact on memory, if it does will post an update in the next day or so as i do have some more updates from github to include
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
kautious Wrote:I was having the same problems trying to watch some of my Tv show that are stored on my xbox. So I turn off the multi thumb (I think thats right) and just have that one image.Now Im able to play all avi's . Hope that helps.Laugh
Also turn off the zoom animation as it all helps
paul Wrote:Also turn off the zoom animation as it all helps

Paul,
where exactly does the zoom animation come into play? I turned it off but couldn't see a difference, the cover of the file selected still enlarges, i noticed it doesnt scrool as smoothly when u u use the trigger on the xbox control, just wondering what zoom does? It did increase my avilable memory however. still testing...

also, will u be updating the skin with the latest mods for genre thumbnails?
kautious Wrote:I was having the same problems trying to watch some of my Tv show that are stored on my xbox. So I turn off the multi thumb (I think thats right) and just have that one image.Now Im able to play all avi's . Hope that helps.Laugh

Working solution Nod At least i just tried it and my tvshows are playing fine! Thanks kautious!
Hi Paul, Have you considered using github to sreamline eventul updates?
awesome mod!
paul Wrote:Also turn off the zoom animation as it all helps

This was the key for me. It freed up quite a bit of memory and I can play both from by navigating to the smb share and using library mode. You might want to add this and some of the other tips that have surfaced in this thread to the first post.

Thanks again for all the great work on this.
Cranial Wrote:It's not the file causing the issue. With the TV episodes not playing I believe it's due to being stuck with the black overlay on top of background images, which is eating up memory. I assume the entire background image plus the overlay is loaded into RAM. I've found more freemem available with showcase over panel view.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul, if you find this to be the case, can you post back in here. Be interesting to know if it is. And maybe if any Devs read this they can elaborate further?

-Are all images to be displayed on a single screen loaded into RAM?

This of course is only wild speculation and questions. Any input appreciated.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
jarod71 Wrote:Paul,
where exactly does the zoom animation come into play? I turned it off but couldn't see a difference, the cover of the file selected still enlarges, i noticed it doesnt scrool as smoothly when u u use the trigger on the xbox control, just wondering what zoom does? It did increase my avilable memory however. still testing...

also, will u be updating the skin with the latest mods for genre thumbnails?
Yeh I have the genre mod working on my pc and xbox using asphinx/digitalhighs genre posters take a look here http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php
I also have the new sub menu mod working with this i think i will just upload the the extra files as a add on pack which will contain all 47 genre posters including my own james bond poster to make it work just add James bond into your .nfo files in the genre section.
kruykaze Wrote:Hi Paul, Have you considered using github to sreamline eventul updates?
I do check on a daily basis for updates but i wont be able to do more than 2 update packs per week so i intend to just upload where possible the patches etc as a add on pack.
Then every week or so will roll them all up into one upload....Smile

goatcow Wrote:awesome mod!

malsbury Wrote:This was the key for me. It freed up quite a bit of memory and I can play both from by navigating to the smb share and using library mode. You might want to add this and some of the other tips that have surfaced in this thread to the first post.
Yeh i will update the first thread for new users to read with any tips that help to free more memory on xbox
Thanks again for all the great work on this.
Glad you like it

Cranial Wrote:Paul, if you find this to be the case, can you post back in here. Be interesting to know if it is. And maybe if any Devs read this they can elaborate further?

-Are all images to be displayed on a single screen loaded into RAM?

This of course is only wild speculation and questions. Any input appreciated.
I did reduce the size and dimensions of Backpanel.png backpanelplist.png Fanart_back.png and backpanelwide.png all to 480x270 but could not see any improvement in memory and to be honest it looked pretty naff.
if anybody has any ideas on how to improve on memory consumption please do
speak up as i am willing to try any idea no matter how daft it may sound as i do love this skin and it just gets better day by day as more and more mods arrive..Smile
paul Wrote:I did reduce the size and dimensions of Backpanel.png backpanelplist.png Fanart_back.png and backpanelwide.png all to 480x270 but could not see any improvement in memory and to be honest it looked pretty naff.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. I'm currently rebuilding all of my media using MIP, so after that I'll do a clean xbmc install and rebuild all libraries, I'll check mem usage after that and see if I can find and areas for improvement.

Thanks again for all your great work.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:Oh well, back to the drawing board. I'm currently rebuilding all of my media using MIP, so after that I'll do a clean xbmc install and rebuild all libraries, I'll check mem usage after that and see if I can find and areas for improvement.

Thanks again for all your great work.
No worries will keep looking for ways to improve the wee beastie
Read first post Stark_lite Revision 2 is now available
Thank you so much paul, It is very good to see people still supporting our good old XBOX Classics. I run XBMC on an HTPC, but I have several XBOXs that act as extenders for that, and I love to run the same skin (or one that looks similar) on ALL systems.

Thanks again,
--FF
Thanks again Paul! I really appreciate all you are doing to bring this great skin to our ole xbox!. Your prior version runs great with zoom turned off. I will follow your advice concerning the other tips.

One Question? What size did you reduce the backdrops too? I run this on a edtv at 480p so was thinking to make my fanart 480p as well. I currently have the fanart at 540p. also, what display do you run xbox on and do you thing your suggestion for advanced settings of 256 for thumbs is good enough?

I remember reading somewhere I could have a bigthumb for the full screen info view as well but I cannot find that info now. Do you know how to acomplish that?

Thanks Again!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox6