• 61(current)
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox
This started a day or two ago, not sure if it's something in the code or on my end. Rev6 is fine, just this revison that comes up with this. Happening in both my xbox and pc versions of xbmc.

I've never seen it on the xbox, but on my PC yes. I believe it has something to do with the pc-version and the way the skins are sometimes compressed in the xpr.

Try loading the latest svn's from this site. There's a new PC-version every day and almost every week an xbox-version. http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc

You could decompress the XPR and just have the directory-structure with the png's in the media-folder. I just tried it with XPR-express but it crashed halfway saying some filename contained illegal characters....
Noosa Wrote:This started a day or two ago, not sure if it's something in the code or on my end. Rev6 is fine, just this revison that comes up with this. Happening in both my xbox and pc versions of xbmc.

Yeh there compression artifacts. are you using the textures.xpr? if so unpack it using xprexpress and look for the relevant files in thumbs and settings and replace them with fresh ones as i see your running it on your pc, but you should not be seeing those problems on the xbox, if you need further help then post back and i will try to help furtherSmile

frater Wrote:I've never seen it on the xbox, but on my PC yes. I believe it has something to do with the pc-version and the way the skins are sometimes compressed in the xpr.

Try loading the latest svn's from this site. There's a new PC-version every day and almost every week an xbox-version. http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc

You could decompress the XPR and just have the directory-structure with the png's in the media-folder. I just tried it with XPR-express but it crashed halfway saying some filename contained illegal characters....

Your almost correct the real problem here is the fact that all the original files were created for a resolution of 1920x1080 and i have reduced the size by 50% to 960x540 add that to the fact the textures have been optimized and re compressed for xbox means the higher resolution of your monitor is showing up the the digital artifacts. If you were to lower the resolution down using the settings in xbmc you should see those errors go.
Best advice would be to replace all the textures with original ones and don't bother to compress them as you do not need to do that for the PC wether it be windows or linux or the far superior system OSX(i can't afford OSX so i use the second best system Windows):p if either of you can wait a short while i will be uploading the next revision8_total blacknessSmile and i will include the original un resized textures so PC users can benefit from the skinSmile
Ps welcome back frater
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks for the suggestions. Looking forward to rev8.

I've been looking for a skin with a low memory footprint and you've done some real nice work here.

I have an EeePC I'm going to run this on as well as my xbox, so far has been working out nicely, real smooth response scrolling thru my movies.

Keep up the good work!
I was trying to update xbmc from nightly builds and I found xbmc for xbox and xbmc patched for xbox what is the difference?
kruykaze Wrote:I was trying to update xbmc from nightly builds and I found xbmc for xbox and xbmc patched for xbox what is the difference?
From what i have read the patched version has the code for native media flagging. if you do decide to try it out i would recommend you back up your lbrary and userdata folder first then install it to a diferent location on your hard drive for testing in case it does not work well for you i have heard it can be awckword to get working but it's probably worth it as it means no more updateing of the dam includes_mediaflags.xml. Iuse it on the pc and it's saved me a lot of time. but the other build will not have it so that may be better i really don't know as i can't try it as yetSmile
Hey guys, I've had the problem with the lines in the graphics as well on both pc and xbox and if I remember correctly all it took to fix it was deleting the guisettings.xml in the userdata folder. It seems that there is a problem when you use a skin with a similar name xbmc get's confused. Lot's of little things like this are usually resolved by deleting that one file.
I tried it immediately when I read your post, but I renamed the file instead of deleting it. I'm glad as that problem remained after I started XBMC and chose Auriga.lite.7 as skin.
I'll wait for version 8. I have a feeling it will be the one we're waiting for.
Hmm... That's odd as it seemed to fix it for me... I can say for sure though that it works fine with a fresh install of XBMC so there is definitely something wrong with how XBMC handles skins with similar names.
As I said in a previous post. I haven't seen this ever on the xbox but only on my PC. At first I thought it had something to do with my videocard and later with the XBMC-version.
I only have it now with auriga.lite.7 not with mk1 or hitcher's mod (on the PC I can run the full auriga although it gets quite slow.
wannabegt4 Wrote:Hey guys, I've had the problem with the lines in the graphics as well on both pc and xbox and if I remember correctly all it took to fix it was deleting the guisettings.xml in the userdata folder. It seems that there is a problem when you use a skin with a similar name xbmc get's confused. Lot's of little things like this are usually resolved by deleting that one file.
Never knew that.

frater Wrote:I tried it immediately when I read your post, but I renamed the file instead of deleting it. I'm glad as that problem remained after I started XBMC and chose Auriga.lite.7 as skin.
I'll wait for version 8. I have a feeling it will be the one we're waiting for.
I just hope it does not disappoint you allOo

wannabegt4 Wrote:Hmm... That's odd as it seemed to fix it for me... I can say for sure though that it works fine with a fresh install of XBMC so there is definitely something wrong with how XBMC handles skins with similar names.
That may well be the case as i have had problems with skins with similar names in the past on both pc and xbox

frater Wrote:As I said in a previous post. I haven't seen this ever on the xbox but only on my PC. At first I thought it had something to do with my videocard and later with the XBMC-version.
I only have it now with auriga.lite.7 not with mk1 or hitcher's mod (on the PC I can run the full auriga although it gets quite slow.
The problem may be down to me using png gauntlet to optimize the textures prior to compressing them but it still should not be showing on the xbox, the only time i have ever seen this on the xbox was when i used maximum compression, which did improve the memory but it looked crap, so i won't optimize the textures on the next one and see how it goes.Rolleyes
wannabegt4 Wrote:Hey guys, I've had the problem with the lines in the graphics as well on both pc and xbox and if I remember correctly all it took to fix it was deleting the guisettings.xml in the userdata folder. It seems that there is a problem when you use a skin with a similar name xbmc get's confused. Lot's of little things like this are usually resolved by deleting that one file.

Tried this and no luck...

Quote:As I said in a previous post. I haven't seen this ever on the xbox but only on my PC. At first I thought it had something to do with my videocard and later with the XBMC-version.

Grasping at straws here, but wondering if the reason I'm seeing it on my xbox has anything to do with it connected to a 60" sd projection screen.

Like you, Rev6 and MK1 are good.

but anywho, lookin forward to rev8 =)

UPDATE: Finally had some time to take a look at the textures.xpr for Rev7, found the culprits.

As suggested, I took a look at the settings and thumbs inside the xpr and found these to have the issue with artifacts.

I used XPRExpress's previewer to preview the files, I was having the same issue as frater, XPRExpress crashed when I tried to extract the full xpr saying illegal characters.

settings/
setting_panelfront.png

thumbs/
cd_glass.png
cd_glass_noedge.png
cd_shadow.png
cdcover_frame.png
movieposter_frame.png
movieposter_frame_aa.png
poster_glass_noedge.png
poster_shadow.png
Ok, I'm sorry guys I guess I do have the same problem with the lines. I was using the dark instead of the light and none of the dark graphics have this issue. Sorry for sending everyone on a wild goose chase with my so called fixes... although they should still be some of the first things to try when xbmc is being flaky after a skin upgrade. Wink
Noosa Wrote:Tried this and no luck...

Grasping at straws here, but wondering if the reason I'm seeing it on my xbox has anything to do with it connected to a 60" sd projection screen.

Like you, Rev6 and MK1 are good.

but anywho, lookin forward to rev8 =)
That's your problem then at that size it will show all the digital artifacts you really need Hitchers mod or `Blacks mod as they are intended for HD my skin is aimed directly at SD content Ie xbox. but thr next revision hopefully will not suffer so much from this problem(fingers crossed)
wannabegt4 Wrote:Ok, I'm sorry guys I guess I do have the same problem with the lines. I was using the dark instead of the light and none of the dark graphics have this issue. Sorry for sending everyone on a wild goose chase with my so called fixes... although they should still be some of the first things to try when xbmc is being flaky after a skin upgrade. Wink
Don't beat yourself up about it, the main thing is you are trying to help that's what count's
Besides who on earth downloads a skin called "Black" then uses the Lite theme?
That's why the next revision wont have the light theme at all it's GONE Just Black from now on and i have zero intention of putting the lite back in.........:p
maybe you can make two versions? lite and black Rolleyes Nod
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox6