• 62(current)
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox
Smile 
diemos Wrote:maybe you can make two versions? lite and black Rolleyes Nod
If this next one proves ok then i will consider creating a plugin theme for those of you who do like the lite theme, even the reptile theme could be added if theres any demand for it,
but as i say see how the next one goes, ps when i have a built the skin i will put it out for testing if you and wannabeg4t are still available to test.

And if anybody else feels like testing please ask hopefully it will be ready for friday night (UK) but please i only want a maximum of 4 more so first come first servedLaugh
So pm me if ya do want
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hey Paul,

I'll be at the lake this weekend... no internet, but I'd be happy to test it when I get back Monday.
wannabegt4 Wrote:Hey Paul,

I'll be at the lake this weekend... no internet, but I'd be happy to test it when I get back Monday.
i were going to send you a pm with a link anyways.. enjoy the lake and try not to fall inLaugh
New version monday?
kruykaze Wrote:New version monday?
Yeh sorry i was hopeing to upload it before now but i found a major bug at the last minute,
And it took me a while to figure out the problem, also having problems getting media flags to work with this version(though it does work with the native media flags pack i'm using)
But no point in adding that as most of you most likely won't be using native media flagging on xbox as yet though it is available i'm told on the nightly builds website.

I will upload it by monday one way or the other(fingers crossed)Laugh
paul Wrote:Yeh sorry i was hopeing to upload it before now but i found a major bug at the last minute,
And it took me a while to figure out the problem, also having problems getting media flags to work with this version(though it does work with the native media flags pack i'm using)
But no point in adding that as most of you most likely won't be using native media flagging on xbox as yet though it is available i'm told on the nightly builds website.

I will upload it by monday one way or the other(fingers crossed)Laugh

Awesome! stability and small foot print >>>>> features any day of the week!
I tried this patched xbox version (for native media flagging), moved my database and rebuild my database. Somehow my tv-series didn't come back. I then reverted to the normal svn-build which I'm using now.
Are/Were you having similar problems? If not, I'll try that version again when a new release comes out....

If some of you are using their Linux machines to store their movies they may find this script useful. I'm using it as an hourly cronjob which moves the movie to a directory which is shared to be used for my xbmc. The name of the file will be sanitized and an imdb-lookup is used to improve on that. If the script 'thinks' it's not a movie but a TV-episode it will sanitize accordingly and move it to the TV-directory.
If anyone wants to try.... here it is....
http://pastebin.com/f4880fc61
The used imdb perl-script which I patched to get more results....
http://pastebin.com/f16449faf
After using the Aeon skin for the windows version of XBMC, I thought I'd try this xbox specific version on my Xbox.

However, after uploading to the Xbox (E:/XBMC/skin/) it does not show up as a selectable skin. The 3 skins I have already are showing up only.

My Xbox resoluion is NTSC 16x9, is this skin only for 720P ?

Is there a simple reason that I might of overlooked?

I am using T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142 and Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision7_Black
Bigby Wrote:After using the Aeon skin for the windows version of XBMC, I thought I'd try this xbox specific version on my Xbox.

However, after uploading to the Xbox (E:/XBMC/skin/) it does not show up as a selectable skin. The 3 skins I have already are showing up only.

My Xbox resoluion is NTSC 16x9, is this skin only for 720P ?

Is there a simple reason that I might of overlooked?

I am using T3CH XBMC 2009-06-27 SVN rev21142 and Aeon_Auriga_lite_Revision7_Black

Just throwing this out there to see if the basics where covered first...

Is it showing up "greyed" out? There but not selectable? If so, make sure the rev7 skin is in the XBMC "skins" folder correctly.

Example: ...\...\XBMC\skin\Revision 7 Black\ then you'll see the 720 folder, media folder etc.

The typical mistake I make is having the skin in one too many folders: ...\...\XBMC\skin\Revision 7 Black\Revision 7 Black\then 720 folder, media folder etc.

I'm able to run the skin in both windows and on the xbox, so it is working.
I had the folder structure exactly like you mentioned. The skin wasn't greyed out, it just was not showing up.

Anyway I solved it by installing a fresh copy of XBMC.

Before installing Aeon, I had updated XBMC to the latest build (NOV 2008 was my previous build), could of been this, or not.

One other thing, on the windows version, when I press "S" on keyboard a popup menu appears with settings, customise, shutdown etc.

How can I do this with the Xbox remote?
Glad ya got it working...

Bigby Wrote:One other thing, on the windows version, when I press "S" on keyboard a popup menu appears with settings, customise, shutdown etc.

How can I do this with the Xbox remote?

The right thumbstick on the controller will bring the menu up, as far as the remote goes...Still looking at what button it is mapped to.

Looking at the keymap.xml I did a search to see where the ShutdownMenu is referenced. This is what I found:

\system\Keymap.xml (7 hits)
Line 90: <rightthumbbutton>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</rightthumbbutton>
Line 113: <button id="12">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>
Line 140: <button id="3">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>
Line 206: <s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s>
Line 267: <button id="11">XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</button>
Line 1878: <shutdownmenu>
Line 1896: </shutdownmenu>

So what buttons id 12, 3 and 11 refer to, not sure about that, whether those refer to the controller, remote or both.

Btw, pressing the info button on the remote takes me to a blank screen, not sure what that's about.

UPDATE: I made an edit to the keymap.xml to have button one on the remote bring up the shutdown menu. Works now.

I added this line: <one>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</one>
to
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <one>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</one>
In my text editor it starts at line 39.
Hey Paul. What's up?
wannabegt4 Wrote:Hey Paul. What's up?
Sorry guys my internet connection died the last two day's i am uploading now am going to post it on here and let every one test it no doubt i will regret doing it.
I have included the original resized textures in a zip file as well as the textures.xpr it's around 50mb (how do's he do it i hear you say(not telling ya)).
Please note this version has no lite theme elements other than the lite floor.
which looks good on some views. i will post a link in the first post as soon as it's doneSmile

Here ya go http://www.4shared.com/file/123283598/68...Black.html
Will test as soon as i get home!
It looks great, both on xbox and PC (after extracting the textures). I couldn't see any flaws yet.

Too bad though that it's too memory-hungry on the xbox. I've already had several hangups and movies that didn't play. I'm missing the memory status.
I will turn some features off and continue testing....

How's your xbox doing? Shouldn't be too hard to obtain a cheap one on the Internet. I bought myself one for € 35,- (a crystal limited edition) a while ago which I'm using in the bedroom. I can even stream from my satellite receiver (so I can watch Sky).
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox6