• 63(current)
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox
kruykaze Wrote:Will test as soon as i get home!
Ok hope it works ok.

frater Wrote:It looks great, both on xbox and PC (after extracting the textures). I couldn't see any flaws yet.

Too bad though that it's too memory-hungry on the xbox. I've already had several hangups and movies that didn't play. I'm missing the memory status.
I will turn some features off and continue testing....

How's your xbox doing? Shouldn't be too hard to obtain a cheap one on the Internet. I bought myself one for € 35,- (a crystal limited edition) a while ago which I'm using in the bedroom. I can even stream from my satellite receiver (so I can watch Sky).

I half expected it to be heavy on juice , and it has to be down to the codeing as i have tried more things than i have had hot dinners to make this skin work, if you want the memory mod i will post the .xml to make that work later today if you want it, i just forgot to add it in.
sorry about that.Blush
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Quote:I half expected it to be heavy on juice , and it has to be down to the codeing as i have tried more things than i have had hot dinners to make this skin work, if you want the memory mod i will post the .xml to make that work later today if you want it, i just forgot to add it in.
sorry about that.Blush

Yeah that memory display is a must for xbox.I'm still at work so I can't test Sad
kruykaze Wrote:Yeah that memory display is a must for xbox.I'm still at work so I can't test Sad
no probs mate drop this file into your skin's 720p folder and overwrite the old one http://www.4shared.com/file/123435342/d3987b36/Includes_Furniture.html
paul Wrote:no probs mate drop this file into your skin's 720p folder and overwrite the old one http://www.4shared.com/file/123435342/d3987b36/Includes_Furniture.html

I lose 5 critical megs at least compared to mk1.
But i made backup ! Big Grin
Reverting again.
looks good though, too bad I can't use it.
kruykaze Wrote:I lose 5 critical megs at least compared to mk1.
But i made backup ! Big Grin
Reverting again.
looks good though, too bad I can't use it.
I can't see any point in doing any more revisions of auriga as there just too hungry on memory. if i knew how to strip out the multimage loading code i would as that would help a lot i think, But i have run out of ideas to improve the memory issues.
Still it's mostly been fun doing them.Big Grin
paul Wrote:I can't see any point in doing any more revisions of auriga as there just too hungry on memory. if i knew how to strip out the multimage loading code i would as that would help a lot i think, But i have run out of ideas to improve the memory issues.
Still it's mostly been fun doing them.Big Grin

I think I'll just have MK1 until I get a htpc.
Is there a recommended htpc for xbmc?and not expensive?
kruykaze Wrote:I think I'll just have MK1 until I get a htpc.
Is there a recommended htpc for xbmc?and not expensive?

Well my system was not that expensive gigabyte motherboard £50 Cpu Athlon Dual core 2.2ghz £50 1gb memory £20 and gigabyte graphics card with Dvi/Hdmi adaptor £53 the rest i had lying around Granted i am using a Coolermaster midi tower so it's not too small but it does run XBMC/ Auriga just fine i am pleased with it so overal cost about £300 to build from scratch though if you can afford it go for the intel cpus but they are dam pricey.....Rolleyes
any possible way to add the press down to view trailer mod in multiplex mode for the xbox version of this aeon mod? its a bit tedious hitting info then choosing trailers, im so used to the xbmc windows version way of viewing trailers.

thx in advance.
Wamphyr1 Wrote:any possible way to add the press down to view trailer mod in multiplex mode for the xbox version of this aeon mod? its a bit tedious hitting info then choosing trailers, im so used to the xbmc windows version way of viewing trailers.

thx in advance.
I thought it was in! Either way i doubt i will be adding this any time soon if it;s not in as codeing is not my thing, i leave codeing to the pro's (Hitcher / `Black) as it's there work i use for xbox but i will check to see if it is coded to do that or not, to be honest i find trailers annoying i'd rather watch the whole film and not just the best bits cramd into a few minutes of video and it spoils the whole experiance for me, but that's my view.Smile
Ps how is it working on your xbox and what version are you using?
Please, i'm not understanding that :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
unzip folder and use the supplied xprexpress to make your textures.xpr from the media folder in the pack
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't you give us a good pack for AEON with textures good scaled for xbox ?
Thanks
darknior Wrote:Please, i'm not understanding that :
unzip folder and use the supplied xprexpress to make your textures.xpr from the media folder in the pack
Can't you give us a good pack for AEON with textures good scaled for xbox ?
Thanks

I'm dammed if i do and dammed if i don't if i include just the .xpr people moan they need the textures seperatly and if i include both people moan the package is too large, just try a diferent version as most do include the textures.xpr

Plus you did not state which revision your usingHuh??
I use your last revision 8 lol

But you can't give a link just for the TEXTURE XPR ?
Or if not, the XPR of the real AEON is the same ?
Because your's is downscaled for xbox .. no ?
Today a new svn came out, so retested revision 8 as it looks best of all the skins, but at first glance it appeared if it got worse...
I reverted to mk1 and maybe horizonz or pm3.hd....

I hope someone can add a vmm to xbmc for xbox in the near future.....
darknior Wrote:I use your last revision 8 lol

But you can't give a link just for the TEXTURE XPR ?
Or if not, the XPR of the real AEON is the same ?
Because your's is downscaled for xbox .. no ?
There never was a real textures.xpr made for Stark or Auriga as it was never written
for xbox. besides all that if your using Revision 8 as you say the textures.xpr is inside the media folder? aswell as the original resized textures for those people who like to change things they do not like or add new flags etc?.
So please recheck the skin package as it's definately in there?
frater Wrote:Today a new svn came out, so retested revision 8 as it looks best of all the skins, but at first glance it appeared if it got worse...
I reverted to mk1 and maybe horizonz or pm3.hd....

I hope someone can add a vmm to xbmc for xbox in the near future.....

is Mk1 Better than revision 6 on your xbox? as i am thinking of re working Mk1 and stripping out the light stuff and replaceing with the new black textures and adding a few of the newer mods to it like the file manager and the low list mod.Smile
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox6