[Release] Shutdown remote PC and XBOX script
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?21ng4ynjyr2

Basically I made this script so I could turn off my XBOX and my PC that I use to share my movies all from this script because Im lazy and dont want to get up and turn off my PC when Im done. Heres how you set it up.

1. Edit default.py in the shutdown directory. Everything there is self explanatory, I dont use a special user/pass so thats just a placeholder.
2. Upload the shutdown directory to your scripts folder on your xbox.
3. Share the xboxshare directory on your PC (you can put this anywhere obviously), and make sure you have write permissions for that user or Everyone if you dont use one.
4. From the xboxshare directory run launch.bat. You can put this in your startup folder if you like so it will always be running. I made the batch file invisible using a vbs script so I dont see an annoying cmd window in my taskbar.
5. Profit!
Cool. I'll have to try this out. My PC is on another floor of the house, so going to turn it off is a pain. However, sometimes I want to turn off the xbox, but not the PC. Is it possible with your script to choose shutdown method?
You can already shut off the xbox by pushing in the right thumb stick.
Not to mention the XBMC shutdown on idle timeout, great for those who fall asleep at the movies ;-)

But there is a bit of sense in the script though, not for me cause I keep all movies I want to see on my 250 GB Xbox HDD, but I can see it used by other people, thanks makco!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Shutdown remote PC and XBOX script0