Help me compile please
OK so up to about a week ago, all fine and dancy compiling my own SVN's. Shortly following the feature freeze, it all went to hell.

Followed the new Readme.osx to the letter, re-installed MacPorts from scratch, and I get hundreds of these errors:

What's broken? How do I fix it?

Thanks!
brave little meme loves you.
need to read and understand readme.osx. you either did not install SDL via MacPorts or have something messed up with your build environment.

you could start by doing a pastebin of

a) macports.conf
b) the output of "port installed"
Thanks,

After much cleaning, uninstalling and patching of ports, I managed to finally build SDL. Now I can successfully compile again, but with 590 warnings for the latest SVN. Is that normal?!

EDIT: Some more rebuilding and tweaking and I'm down to 13 warnings. I'm back on the bleeding edge, baby! Bring on that Harmony support! Big Grin
brave little meme loves you.
Almost all the warnings are in the third party libraries we build (which obviously we don't want to touch), so they're nothing to worry about.

Glad you got it going - is there any tips we need to add to the readme, or was it just a matter of ensuring the SDL libs were built correctly?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I seem to suck at compiling aswell...I usually work with Windows Smile

I have installed MacPorts and its components as directed in the Readme.osx. I am unable to compoile a few components, like libcdio, unless I remove '-universal' at the end.
Eventually I can install every port component with some fiddling. But... when i run ./configure, my system wil hang at libProjectM. I have waited for 20 hours....cmake running at 100%.

Anyone any idea?
abom Wrote:I seem to suck at compiling aswell...I usually work with Windows Smile

I have installed MacPorts and its components as directed in the Readme.osx. I am unable to compoile a few components, like libcdio, unless I remove '-universal' at the end.
Eventually I can install every port component with some fiddling. But... when i run ./configure, my system wil hang at libProjectM. I have waited for 20 hours....cmake running at 100%.

Anyone any idea?

your macport install is bork'ed Smile

pastebin your macports.conf

for each port install that fails, add a "-dv" after "sudo port" to turn on the debug/verbose flags. pastebin the install failure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help me compile please0