the final soloution!
ok lets look at this logically, fiew people like the mplayer issues of play gaps and some (me) dont like how it handles dvd and cd playback... well looking into the xml files i realized everything can be changed, i set the cd audio and dvd to play useing the xboxdash.xbe and with some luck and patience im sure the same can be done for every other codec out there! if the open xbox compiler crew can finish the public xdk, then we can all just recompile xmms to xbe :o and viola! everyone is happy! i will however keep the mplayer, i cant find anything that can open vcd and svcd and i like how it handles some of my mpegs. so ill keep it. anyway, there you have it. a leagle and easy way to add your fav codecs, nic them from xmms. and recompile... now all we need is that bloomin public xbox compiler! :thumbsup:
ok..................
Smile 
...mmmkey, you really need to lay of the weed dude, stop smoking the ganja, grass, reefer or whatever you stonners call it these days :nuts:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Shocked awe common it isnt that bad an idea is it? i mean realy... you do use linux right? if so then you'd agree Huh ... silly me, you are useing windows! :lol: ok, in that case, xmms is like/similar to winamp. only xmms is open source. that means you can get the source code, which is coded in c, and useing the openxdk you can recompile it into an xbe. this allows you to implement it into xbmc. only thing required is to modify the interface a little but winamp was coded useing directx. so the change should not be too hard. and no i will not lay off the reefer!!! Confusedhifty: it's for my glockoma... realy. :hmm:
Information 
(iconyx @ july 23 2004,15:43 Wrote:you do use linux right?
no. xbmc doesn't use linux, nor windows, xbmc is a native xbox application and is compiled with microsoft-xdk just like retail xbox games are.
so you thought that xbmc was based-on linux or running on linux os? that would explain how come you made such crazy suggestions, haha
:lol:

compiling something to a xbe would not mean it could be implemented/integrated into xbmc, a xbe is an executable (as it's own separate program), but you're right that if someone where to port xmms to xbox and create a own xbox appliation for it (which is not as small task as you seem to think, if fact that would be a huge job just like how xbmc was written, believe it or not but xbmc was not coded in a weekend on speed, it took frodo months of full time work to get it to even work even though  he was in between jobs at the time), then yes if someone else did that (because noone on team-xbmc will, why would we write another separate media player) we could make xbmc launch that application, but note that the xbox can only run one application at a time so as soon as you started the xmms application you would loose all the functions and features from xbmc, (just as you would if you launched an xbox game from xbmc). ps! you can not compile any large xbox applications (like xbmc) with the openxdk compiler, it's in an infant state. you must compile xbmc with the xdk.
do some research and don't post when high :lol:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ok,[edit] removed for excessive sarcasm [/edit] :lol:
i was referring to linux on pc not on xbox, i know xbmc is not linux.

[edit] removed applied to above [/edit] yes i know that openxdk is in its infant stages, and bear in mind, some of us can do wonders with a decent hex editor and c compiler. as for xmms, i would like to see it running on my xbox primarily for the codecs and the functionality. i do not like mplayer. it does not act right. that is to say, i hit scip expecting the system to scip tracks/mp3s/mpegs and it does not. i hit pause expecting to to pause and it does not... i dont like it. i find myself redirecting the mediacenter.xml to other playerd, dvd to the xboxdash.xbe and mp3 to the xbmp default.xbe... that took some doing but even there it acts like i expect it to. anyway as for the smokeing... like i said it's for my gaoccoma! Confusedhifty:
openxdk has been around for a long time, but cannot yet be used for compiling xbmc.

second, you are not saying new things

third, you are not being very nice... :hmm:

and i think you are about to get flamed as it is never wise to piss off a admin. especially as he has never written such rude posts like you.. ever..
(nogood5 @ july 27 2004,14:30 Wrote:openxdk has been around for a long time, but cannot yet be used for compiling xbmc.

second, you are not saying new things

third, you are not being very nice...  :hmm:

and i think you are about to get flamed as it is never wise to piss off a admin. especially as he has never written such rude posts like you.. ever..
please reread my post, i was not intending to be mean, i was meaning to be funny... cheak the bottom. in any case. i know open xdk is not up to snuff but it will be. what i am saying is that the mplayer sucks, i guess that is it. it just lacks somehow. dont get me wrong, i like that i can drop out of a movie with it is still playing in the corner and cheak weather and ftp in at the same time, but it just is lacking somehow. in responce and feel... i think that xmms would be a logical substitute for two reasons, compatibility and gpl. hell the thing will play winamp media play lists! and has ftp/webradio built into it!
ahah this makes much more sense.. as for substituting xmms for mplayer, i wouldn't know a thing about that.. so no comment

smoke that reefer, but lay off the sarcasm.. Wink

cheers, nogood

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
the final soloution!0