2 questions : please help!
I've looked high & low and have spent the better part of a week trying to find a way to eliminate these problems. Can anybody help?

I've been desperately trying to get *this* look...

Notice the cool CD cases in the top pic which somehow aren't in V4. How can I get those in V4?

The major issue is that I absolutely want the Movie Showcase look of the bottom pic, but can't accomplish it with either V3 or V4. I'm puzzled and can't seem to figure it out. The DVD cases are clear & the movie info on top is small and opaque so we can appreciate the fanart a lot more.

How can I do this?? It's driving me crazy! Confused
StratMangler Wrote:I've looked high & low and have spent the better part of a week trying to find a way to eliminate these problems. Can anybody help?

I've been desperately trying to get *this* look...

Notice the cool CD cases in the top pic which somehow aren't in V4. How can I get those in V4?

The major issue is that I absolutely want the Movie Showcase look of the bottom pic, but can't accomplish it with either V3 or V4. I'm puzzled and can't seem to figure it out. The DVD cases are clear & the movie info on top is small and opaque so we can appreciate the fanart a lot more.

How can I do this?? It's driving me crazy! Confused
Try these frames from version 3 http://www.mediafire.com/?hlymkydh3mu
Place the file in your skins media folder then select it as a theme under the appearance setting the frames will then look like the ones in your screenshotsSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks again, but it's not just a question of the DVD cases. I already took care of that, but I want the layout of the bottom pic with the movie info on top.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Nothing happened. Maybe I'd need to extract the frames and place them inside the Textures XPR file to make this work?

But so far, I've looked high and low and couldn't get this working. Which View settings would I need to get this view anyway? I'm in Showcase and whether I try File or Library, it doesn't achiever this look.
You won't get that view with textures.. Where did you find that pic? That's either an old view or someone's mod.. or maybe an idea that never made it in? Either way, it's not in Vol. 4
That would explain it. It was a pic that was put online by Horizonz' creator when version 3 came out. Been trying to accomplish this view with V3 or V4, but to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful. Smile
StratMangler Wrote:That would explain it. It was a pic that was put online by Horizonz' creator when version 3 came out. Been trying to accomplish this view with V3 or V4, but to no avail.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful. Smile
the V3 frames.xpr just replaces the original Horizon version4 frames once you have selected the skin you select themes then V3frames.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Guess we're miscommunicating, you & I. lol!!

I don't care about the frames. It's the *view* that matters to me. Seeing the movie info on top of the selected DVD box just like in the bottom pic. That's the goal. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any info on how to accomplish that view with V3 or V4 and a previous poster just confirmed this view doesn't exist in V4. Unfortunately, can't seem to find it in V3 either.
I'm not sure If that view ever made it into the skin.. I think that was the start of what's now Info view.. I think you're out of luck on that one.. :p
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up once & for all! lol!

Now, any possibility you (or anybody else) can help with this issue?

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48150
not to thread jack but I have a question about the v3 textures. I put them in my media directory, the CD covers come up perfect like in the screen shots. The DVD boxes look close, but in the bottom left corner there's a small diamond shaped icon with a "take 1" symbol in it. I looked thru all the settings for something I might have accidently selected, but can't seem to figure it out. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I'd love some help here Smile
Last option of the Horizonz menu : "Unwatched/Watched..." Enable this and the icon will be gone.
StratMangler Wrote:Last option of the Horizonz menu : "Unwatched/Watched..." Enable this and the icon will be gone.

Thank you, I would have NEVER figured that out in a million years.
hate to revive this, but the link for the v3 frames isn't working, can someone repost?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 questions : please help!0