Can XBMC Scrapers Update File System Instead of Database
Is there anyway to configure the movie or tvshow scrapers to update the "nfo" files on the filesystem rather than the database files in the "userdata" folder?

From what I understand so far, it looks like the only way to do this is with the Movie Info Plus or Media Companion applications that do not run as part of XBMC. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Solero
You can export the database to individual files in settings > video/music > library after each scan.
althekiller Wrote:You can export the database to individual files in settings > video/music > library after each scan.

Unless I am missing something, exporting the library (under Settings --> Videos --> Libraries) does not create the ".nfo" files. It created a single file "videodb.xml" that looks like it can only be used for importing into another XBMC environment.

So I am guessing that there is not anyway for XBMC currently to update the filesystem where the movies are located with the ".nfo", ".tbn", and etc files? That way, when you fix a movie in XBMC, every other computer in the house will be able to see the correctly scraped movie.

Otherwise, XBMC is an awesome application.

Solero
Either your build is very old or there's a dialog where you keep selecting "export to a single file." Pay attention when you're clicking through stuff.
Ok, I guess if I am using the official 8.10 release (XBMC_for_Windows-8.10.exe), that is pretty old by your standards. Big Grin

I will need to download a "development build" so I can see what you are talking about.

Thanks,

Solero

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC Scrapers Update File System Instead of Database0