576p Media Flag
it's always nice to request something and when you come home work it's there waiting for you! Thanks djh you're a star.
Why do you need flags for such a thing? 576p is just SD? That's different from 1080p, 720p, or 480p which are the standard HD resolutions, but 576p is just PAL, just one resolution, there is NTSC which is similar, but they are both SD and should suffice, no?
Actually I agree with you, but my 576p is a bit different then normal PAL dvds.

All my "576p" are 576 pixels vertically and 1024 pixels horizontal. Encoded from Blu-ray source. It's almost a 720p rip, but is able to be played on anything like your standard xvid or x264 SD rip. It's extremely high quality at about 2-4GBs It's pretty the product of a Blu-ray disk and DVD disk having a baby.
Yeah, but that's not a actually any known standard... IMO, it doesn't make sense to implement such thing in the core of the skin, so, what comes after this? Every one wanting their own logo for their custom resolutions? As I see it, that resolution not being a standard, it belongs to a mod... But that's just me.
Yeah I actually agree with you. I thought the same thing.
576p is the pal version of 480p which is an ntsc region resolution. That makes anyone who owns pal dvd's for example UK and Australians need a flag for 576p as all our dvd's have a vertical resolution of 576 lines.

This link should explain

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/PA...vsNTSC.asp
I own PAL DVD's, I'm from Portugal and I see that as "SD Content", who cares if they have 576 lines or 480lines? They are all the same, they are SD content, why differentiate such a thing? Maybe the "480p" flag should be gone too...

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm no thinking that only my opinion matters, but this is just what I think that's all.
I guess XBMC will have the final word when its flag-based conditions are established.
Yeah I agree I changed the xml and png files to make any movie that is 480i/p SDp/SDi or whatever to display the SD flag. My other resolutions are 720p/1080p/576p. I've almost got my whole 1800 diverse movie collection displaying all the proper tags. Except for studios of course. It's looking really good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
576p Media Flag0