• 3(current)
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library
Hey smcnally,

The password thing is a known issue. We have a fix for it that should go up on the app store when the other developer wakes up Wink As for the movies and Tvshows thing, since the program is only for music anyway those options will be removed. Now that it is working, what do you think?
I like it a lot. I hope you leave the movies and other video browsing in tact. It's a nice way to show off your library when you're away from the house. Maybe just make it it does nothing if you press them.
I'm glad you like it Wink I sure do. I drove from my house to Portland (about 2hrs) and going 80mph on I-5 I never lost a connection and the music never stopped.

Have you tried the XBMC Remote? We added a new feature to auto-detect wifi which seems to have inadvertantly disabled 3g connection. Next build it should be back. It is nice way of showing all you media to your friends when away from home. I don't really see a reason to have that in the Streamer since it is for Music only.

Cheers.
I am connected just fine, and can browse my files. However when I try to play any audio file it times out and says "failed to play audio".

Not sure where to even start here. I'm running Hardy, and have ensured that XBMC is updated to the latest stable release as well. Sad
I don't want to turn this into a support thread, so in the future please post all help requests on the collect3 website. That being said, are you using a password on the webserver? If you are, try disabling that and let me know if it works. Cheers.
No, I have removed the password from xbmc (however strangely the iphone app still appeared to authenticate even with the password set on it still). Removing the password from both ends didn't work either. I wish I had more diagnostic info to provide, but there doesn't seem to be anything else to say Sad
ok, move this the collect3 forums if you would. Last thing to check. I your XBMC web folder there should be a file with a bunch of numbers and then the word stream in it. Please verify that the file exists. Post your results at http://collect3.com.au/forum/

Cheers.
Alright, I've used the program, and I definitely like it. The one down side is compatibility. I have a lot of wma music, and the ipod touch doesn't play that. I haven't gotten around to converting everything to mp3 or aac or anything like that. Maybe this will finally give me the incentive I need.
natethomas Wrote:Alright, I've used the program, and I definitely like it. The one down side is compatibility. I have a lot of wma music, and the ipod touch doesn't play that. I haven't gotten around to converting everything to mp3 or aac or anything like that. Maybe this will finally give me the incentive I need.

Glad you like it! As for compatibility, there is really not much we can do about that. Apple pretty much calls the shots on that front Wink
Geeba Wrote:PPC version?

ITUNES store doesn't cater to PPC Wink
Just an update. Version 1.1 has finally hit the app store. Looks like the guys at Apple were taking some time off for Easter as well Wink

This build has a fair amount of bugfixes in it. The username/password issues should be completely fixed as well as the issue with the original XBOX

We are working on some pretty amazing stuff for the next release. Lots of new features and some pretty awesome "bells and whistles" Big Grin

Cheers,
Rand
Version 1.5 has just hit the app store. You might have noticed that there was a few numbers skipped since the last version number. We felt that since there was so much that went into this version that it deserved a bump of more than just .1!
The biggest changes were made to the setup process. We now use zeroconf to discover your host automatically and UPNP to setup 3g/edge access. Setup should be a breeze from here on out.

Here is the complete changelog for v 1.5:

Added: Zeroconf configuration* and Auto setup for external access.**
Added: Visualizations in Now Playing
Added: Messages to help Windows users.
Added: New Media Info view.
Added: OS 3.0 compatibility.
Added: Star rating of music.

Fixed: Lots of stability and connection issues.
Fixed: Host wasn't autmatically being connected to after discovery.
Fixed: Improved version detection.
Fixed: Crashes when queuing items from source.

* Mac OS X and Linux only.
** Available for all platforms.

Screenshots:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

You can see a video of the new version in action HERE.

We are also going to give away a couple of free copies of the app to the user with the most embarrassing album in their XBMC music library. Remember, if it is too far out there, we may require a screenshot to prove that you actually that bad of taste in music.

I am going to leave the contest open for a couple of days to give everyone a chance to post. Now let us have it!

Rand
Autosetup:
ImageImage
Ive got the album "Wiggles Party Collection"

pretty good stuff in there too lol
Seems to be working great. One question though...Is there any way for it to start buffering up a song before the currently playing song ends? When I'm on 3G I get a 10-20 second gap between songs. Also, a bit off subject, but you may know the answer. Is there a way to stream from XBMC to a PC out of the local network? I've been trying to stream from home at work without using my phone but haven't figured out how to do it yet.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library2