• 4(current)
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library
We are looking into some new features of OS 3.0 to figure out a better way of compensating for connection speeds and bitrate. Apple seems to have added some features but as far as I can tell, they are voodoo incantations and black magic because they claim to do things without giving any explanation on how they work or how to use them.

As far as I know, there is currently no way to do what you are asking. I was actually going to take on the project of doing exactly that before I got my iPhone and started working for collect3. It is a project that I am still planning on completing in the near future, time permitted.

Keep the bad music coming guys. I am going to leave the contest open till Saturday. I figure that will give some of the weekend geeks time to chime in!
Not exactly gonna get the ladies excited with this one Confused

Oooooh, yeah that's not one to brag about. Although the Wiggles Party is still pretty horrid. Especially if feerlessleadr doesn't have any kids!
I already own this app so this is just for fun, but I do have this in my collection!
smcnally75 Wrote:I already own this app so this is just for fun, but I do have this in my collection!

I went 18 years of my life thinking that was named "Holland Oats"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Wow, that mustache is pretty intimidating Wink
Guess the app is mine, but the reputation is gone....

Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Hey Hasslehoff is huge in Germany! Or so a bunch of comedians have led me to believe.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Hey Hasslehoff is huge in Germany! Or so a bunch of comedians have lead me to believe.

Guess my citizenship...
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Ok, here is the buzzer! Thanks for playing and the winners will receive a promo code for a free download via pm.

Rand
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Ok, here is the buzzer! Thanks for playing and the winners will receive a promo code for a free download via pm.

Rand

Cool, thanks a lot. Fantastic app. Will try right away!!!
No worries. Hope you like it Wink
One questions and potential feature requests:

1) When I select artists, it will show up all artists including these from compilations. Thus, it is basically impossible to browse through these thousands of artists. Itunes allows to only show album artists, which is a manageable list and after selecting, it will display the albums. Would this be possible to implement? The question holds true for the XBMC Remote, which lacks the same feature.

2) Coverart for albums doesnt show up, but shows up after starting to play a song (but not in list view). Any thoughts?

Let me know any thoughts. Your help is hugely appreciated. Great app!!!
Hey steve,

We had a couple of features that we were still working on but wanted to get a 3.0 compatible release out. Anyway, we have another release of both the remote and the streamer that should be submitted in the next couple of days.

As for the coverart issue, what revision of XBMC are you running? You may want to do a clean install of Babylon with a fresh library. As features change, certain settings from older revisions of both the iPhone apps and XBMC have a nasty habit of lingering around and causing issues. Best solution is to start fresh.

Rand
Rand Al Thor,

Until the option for wide/poster icons is available, can you tell me where the cache is saved on my ipod touch? I want to ssh in and manually change the graphics in my cache

Thanks.

edit: nevermind, i found it. For anyone else who wants to know, the cache is stored here, at least on my ipod touch:

/private/var/mobile/Applications/65F3657C-7A93-4BCA-A930-5E1C57B7A07A/Library/Caches/Video
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Streamer - an unofficial iPhone App from Collect3 to stream XBMC Music Library2