When using hebrew RSS in library - it flows out of the row
Hello,

Just a small note: when using hebrew RSS in library - it flows out of the row
marked in red:

Any suggestions on where to find this control would be great

Thanks
Hi logictester

How did you get hebrew to show up properly..which fonts are you using? i cant get unicode to work with the default Aeon fonts..

Thx

Zeltak
I've seen it do this with the English language as well when rss is enabled on this mode.
this is what i normally do, copy tahoma.ttf from the windows partition to the xbmc font folder, make a symlink called default.ttf which points to tahoma.ttf, then remove rss.ttf, universcon.ttf, universreg.ttf, universconcaps.ttf and insted of them make new symlinks with the same names (rss.ttf, universcon.ttf, universreg.ttf, universconcaps.ttf) which points to default.ttf.

now if i ever wanted to choose some other fonts other then tahoma all i have to do is point default.ttf to the new fonts and all the other symlinks should fallow.
i simply got a unicode font and reaplcaed all the fonts in the fonts folder of Aeon with this unicode font - simply copying it and rename it to the originals. The hebrew then works though i'm loosing all different fonts as a single font used for everything. One thing i couldn't do is change the main menu items from english to hebrew - as soon as i change anything in the xml file from english to hebrew it is written in gibrish and just crashes xbmc as soon as i get to that menu item.
logictester Wrote:i simply got a unicode font and reaplcaed all the fonts in the fonts folder of Aeon with this unicode font - simply copying it and rename it to the originals. The hebrew then works though i'm loosing all different fonts as a single font used for everything. One thing i couldn't do is change the main menu items from english to hebrew - as soon as i change anything in the xml file from english to hebrew it is written in gibrish and just crashes xbmc as soon as i get to that menu item.
You need a separate translation file for that I believe. Just copy strings.xml from ..\XBMC\skin\Aeon Stark\language\English\ to, say, XBMC\skin\Aeon Stark\language\Hebrew and translate it. Be sure to use proper coding when saving the translated file - and to set that coding in the header. UTF-8 or 16 works fine in case of Polish fonts, not sure about Hebrew or Yiddish though.

Anyway, you can also set which font goes where in a file called ..\XBMC\skin\Aeon Stark\720p\Font.xml
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
i tried doing exactly that - created new lang folder hebrew - and aeon was using it but it was crashing, i'll try again changing the soding to hebrew. thanks for that point
Can someone create a font that in english mode it's using the deafult font from aeon and in hebrew mode it's using some nice font (or arial)? Sorry for the bad english.
AmitMa Wrote:Can someone create a font that in english mode it's using the deafult font from aeon and in hebrew mode it's using some nice font (or arial)? Sorry for the bad english.
Just read my latest post. Hint: ..\XBMC\skin\Aeon Stark\720p\Font.xml
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
i've got my hebrew translation ready and will post it and my fonts here later on today. halibutt thanks for your help - selecting the hebrew encoding at the top of the strings.xml solved everything - now my AEON is fully hebrew Smile
hi logictester

I finally had some time to try your hebrew font trick for the rss etc..
I do manage to get the fonts appear but backwards...(maybe we need to change the language here Smile...less trouble..)

I am using the Focus skin..any further tips you can give me?

Zeltak

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When using hebrew RSS in library - it flows out of the row0