• 6(current)
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ)
In case anyone's interested, this is what I've been using lately.. This is the latest version of Showmix with the comic stuff added.. I changed some other things to suit my needs, but I forget what I did now..

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyzzimgtnxj
Tension113 Wrote:In case anyone's interested, this is what I've been using lately.. This is the latest version of Showmix with the comic stuff added.. I changed some other things to suit my needs, but I forget what I did now..

Nod Appreciated. Looks fantastic with comic thumbnails now.
WheresYesterday Wrote:Nod Appreciated. Looks fantastic with comic thumbnails now.

Do most of your thumbnails display? Unfortunately, the latest thumbnail fix only fixed half of my collection.. If the .cbr file contains a folder, with the picture files within that folder, xbmc will display four random images...

If the .cbr file just contains the pictures, then it displays the first picture as the thumbnail..

I didn't want to bother Spiff with it any further, but hopefully that will be fixed someday..
I couldn't say for sure if that was actually fixed or not. I used the ComicRack script a while back to generate the thumbs. It does seem that XBMC does not want to load the .CBR files, but it works with the .CBZ files. Perhaps I need to update my XBMC. I'll do some double-checking and reply shortly.

EDIT: Yes, any .CBZ or .CBR files I have that contain folders display 4 thumbs in the frame.
Tension113 Wrote:In case anyone's interested, this is what I've been using lately.. This is the latest version of Showmix with the comic stuff added.. I changed some other things to suit my needs, but I forget what I did now..

Fantastic - a real work of beauty, thanks
You can also use Phil65's version, and create a "Favourite Shortcut" to view Comics. That's what I did - setup a favourite to my Comic Book photo directory, then, linked it right to the Start Menu.
DurhamDev Wrote:You can also use Phil65's version, and create a "Favourite Shortcut" to view Comics. That's what I did - setup a favourite to my Comic Book photo directory, then, linked it right to the Start Menu.

I tried that out, but it uses the picture thumbnails.. So it only looks decent under List view.. I like using Multiplex with the movie sized thumbnails.. Showmix has the same option to add items on main, but I had the same problem.. I got excited hoping I wouldn't have to keep updating this.. Laugh
He dude!

I use [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) and just want to make it read comic files, how can I make it?
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
How Do I Change The Font's SizeHuh(Too Big)
I used the Showmix Comics.rar file you posted as my new xbmc skin which I'm loving. I'm having trouble making it display fanart as the backdrop for the comics. To get the images to display correctly, I have to have a <comic>-fanart.jpg file for the fanart and a <comic>.tbn for the initial thumb, correct?

Thanks for the help,
-Hans
I have been modding conluence to view my cbr files as large covers
details here
I was wondering if anyone thought it would be possible to mod displays to include a publisher logo DC, Marvel ,Image etc. like the TV logo mod. possibly being triggered by exif or something?
Wow, this seems really awesome! I'll totally check it out once I get Aeon working to begin with!

Here's hoping it plays well with Linux.
This is a pretty old thread... but is there anyone out there who uses XBMC to read comics and knows if:

a) there's a way to get comics to show their own fanart, like in the original post of this thread, on a more recent skin like Aeon Nox? I can't seem to find a view that has rectangular thumbs for images so that covers will display properly :/

b) there are any mods or anything that will keep comics at the same zoom level across pages so you don't have to keep hitting "3" over and over? Or change keys to scroll down (comicrack is so nice in that you can just hit spacebar to keep reading...) Or display two pages at a time?
damn if you wouldnt have bumped this i never wouldve discovered this , thanks bro

yeah btw would anybody consider making a comic reader plugin something like advanced launcher for games but just for comics?

since id like to have an extra menu item in aeon mq3 that sez comics and when i enter it shows the different comics including cover art and fan art

thanks in advance
(i'm a "sis")

Apparently the Showmix Comics version that someone made and kindly posted earlier in this thread no longer works either... I managed to manually install it but there's a "extras.py failed to load" error which I assume means it's no longer compatible with the current Dharma!

Sad.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ)1