• 2(current)
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ)
MrTourettes Wrote:Could someone explain how the artwork works.

I have my cbr's in one directory and another directory structure for artwork.

- do I create an identicle directoty structure for artwork as comic cbr's

- do I name cover art as the same name as the comic cbr files or just folder

- is it possible to have fanart for actual comic in background when browsing comics

just a couple of questions Smile

Main one though is an explination of how the artwork is stored.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here, but to flip pages, use the arrow keys.. I usually open a Cbr, hit the + key to zoom in, up and down arrows scroll up and down the page, and then ',' and '.' will flip the page if you're zoomed in..

As far as directory structure goes, I do mine like this..

Spiderman\Amazing Spiderman\issue1.cbr
Spiderman\Amazing Spiderman\issue1.tbn
Spiderman\Ultimate Spiderman\issue1.cbr

As of right now, the only problem is the way Xbmc displays cbr thumbs.. Spiff said he could change that though, so eventually Xbmc will use the first image in the cbr as it's thumb.. As a temporary fix till that happens, I used a script to extract the first image from each cbr and rename it to whatever filename it came out of..

and for fanart, I don't think we can do that yet..
cbr/cbz view doesnt work for me...
I see the Comics and everything is fine but I cant open the cbr/cbz files...

klicking the cbr file there is a error loading the image
klicking the brz file nothing happens

can anyone hekp me pls?
Anacotic Wrote:cbr/cbz view doesnt work for me...
I see the Comics and everything is fine but I cant open the cbr/cbz files...

klicking the cbr file there is a error loading the image
klicking the brz file nothing happens

can anyone hekp me pls?

What platform are you using?

I've been using Ikons Window builds lately.. There are two dll files that he wasn't including which wasn't allowing me to open cbr files.. Those files are included with his newer builds as of yesterday I think.. If it's not that, I'm not sure..
Tension113 Wrote:What platform are you using?

I've been using Ikons Window builds lately.. There are two dll files that he wasn't including which wasn't allowing me to open cbr files.. Those files are included with his newer builds as of yesterday I think.. If it's not that, I'm not sure..

i´m using Mac OS X with rev19065

any Ideas?
Maybe a Mac Xbmc issue? Assuming your cbr files are good.. but If you can't open cbr files in either the pictures tab or my comic tab, then I would ask about it in the Mac section..
i can open them with an Comic book viewe... but not with xbmc...
I´m going to ask in the mac section

thanks anyway
looks awesome. It would be awesome, to have these kind of "theme" packs.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
Great mod for this!.
I thought that XBMC was cool before but......
Once you get it setup to use the first image in the cbr file, then it will be awesome!
Now I have no idea how scrapers work on the code level but ComicVine.com has a ton of cover images that I used for the folders.
velvetpants Wrote:Great mod for this!.
I thought that XBMC was cool before but......
Once you get it setup to use the first image in the cbr file, then it will be awesome!
Now I have no idea how scrapers work on the code level but ComicVine.com has a ton of cover images that I used for the folders.

Kinda surprised I've never seen that site before.. Looks like a good source for missing covers..

Are you getting covers from there just for folders? or for all the comics? Because if you use ComicRack, I have a script that will make all the cover tbn's in one click..
Just for the folders for now. I haven't checked out ComicRack yet. Going to in the next few I think and see what its all about.....
Wooo!
I just downloaded it and checked it out. Very Nice!
I wouldn't mind grabbing that script from you when you get a chance. Thanks for pointing me to Comic Rack as well!
Here's the script.. Stick it in the ComicRack scripts section.. Right click a comic, Automation, and extract first page.. This is all just temporary until the change is made to Xbmc.. Once I had all the files named the way I wanted, I just highlighted my entire collection and hit the extract first image..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46466

They have some more good scripts on the CR site.. The info scraper and guided renamer and both good.. I use the program to maintain my collection and Xbmc for viewing..

Hope that helps..
Tension113 Wrote:Here's the script.. Stick it in the ComicRack scripts section.. Right click a comic, Automation, and extract first page.. This is all just temporary until the change is made to Xbmc.. Once I had all the files named the way I wanted, I just highlighted my entire collection and hit the extract first image..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46466

They have some more good scripts on the CR site.. The info scraper and guided renamer and both good.. I use the program to maintain my collection and Xbmc for viewing..

Hope that helps..

How can I add this to Stark Lite without messing up any of the other mods?
jarod71 Wrote:Can I add this to Stark Lite without messing up any of the other mods?

Probably not.. I don't know what mods are included with Stark Lite, but chances are we edited some of the same xml files.. Gets a little confusing with all the different mods popping up..
Are you able to view the comics inside of Aeon ?. If so what does it look like ?

thanks,
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ)1