Feature to Time Seek for Video & Music using XBMC for Windows?
Is there any way to do this because I just can't find the option while playing either a video or song. The only thing I can see is just fast forward.

There are times that you may just want to jump to a scene in a movie without being limited to just having to fast forward through it like an old VHS tape. A lot of the movies you get online don't have chapters in them either.
I would also like to be able to seek - it seems to me like there should be SOME sort of button to bring up a dialog for seeking to a specific location in a stream. Fast-forwarding through the entire stream just for the last few minutes is ridiculous.
ehrrr.
1) you have skips, long and short ones. screw ff/rwd nobody uses that. how you could miss that is beyond me, unless you are using that ill-suited idiotic input device they call a 'mouse'. in that case; you are to blame yourself.
2) you can map keys the the numbers in the fullscreen video window and voila. skip to time functionality.... this is obviously already done for the keyboard

music we only support rw/fwd or analog seeks, i.e. thumbsticks on gamepads for instance
spiff Wrote:ehrrr.
1) you have skips, long and short ones. screw ff/rwd nobody uses that. how you could miss that is beyond me, unless you are using that ill-suited idiotic input device they call a 'mouse'. in that case; you are to blame yourself.
2) you can map keys the the numbers in the fullscreen video window and voila. skip to time functionality.... this is obviously already done for the keyboard

music we only support rw/fwd or analog seeks, i.e. thumbsticks on gamepads for instance

I'm using an ATI/X10 RF remote, I used an example where someone mapped the remote buttons to the "mceusb" remote. One of the keys brings up a little "control stick" - but there is no skip option there either, just different speeds of ff/rwd.

Even if the skip functionality is better, it is really annoying to have to seek to minute 45 in a 50 minute program b/c the feed freaked out right before the finale. It would be nice to have some sort of dialog for entering in an exact seek time.
i already told you it's available! not with a dialog but you can map keys to the numbers (you do have numbers on that remote i assume). just map

<one>BUTTONIDFORONE</one>
<two>BUTTONIDFORTWO</two>

and so on in the <fullscreenvideo> window, or globally if that fits you
OblivionLord, the "right" and "left" directional buttons on your remote should seek 30 seconds forward/backward and the "up" and "down" directions will seek 10 minutes in either direction. Those are the defaults, but you can change the amount of seek time in advancedsettings.xml -- for more on how to do that read here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
hmm.. ever tried to just type numbers? it´s allready working =)
XBMC on Win7
Zotac IONITX-A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature to Time Seek for Video & Music using XBMC for Windows?0