CPU usage above 60/70 while standing in the menus...
Is it normal to have XBMC with high CPU usage, above 60% or 70% all the time while I'm just standing in the main menu or any other menu that does not seem o have any skin effects of moving things or glass/transparent effects?

Why is it processor intensive while in the menus without anything graphics intensive there?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=gameloop
djh_ Wrote:First, my setups. The thing to remember here is that if you leave Nvidia's "Threaded optimisation" setting at its default for your videocard, XBMC's CPU usage hits the roof. Turning it off returns things to normal.
This seemed to have lowered the CPU usage for me... Smile
I'm also having this problem. I have a Nvidia 9500GT and a C2D E8400. CPU usage was at about 70% while idle in the XBMC gui.

I found some threads on turning vsync off in the xbmc settings and that did help to lower cpu usage to about 25% but then I noticed a bunch of scan lines that would as backgrounds faded in and out when I navigated through the menus.

I turned vsync back on to solve the scan line problem and then turned off the threaded optimization in the nvidia control panel and that seems to have drastically lowered CPU usage on one core to less than 5%, and the other is only at about 25%.

But what adverse effects is turning off threaded optimization going to have on other applications?
Just turn it off for XBMC.exe
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CPU usage above 60/70 while standing in the menus...0