XBMC_for_Mac-Babylon-Alpha1 released
for the library issues, I'm pretty sure I had to delete my database files awhile ago with the SVN releases. I was getting an error saying that it couldn't add new items to my database because the version of my database file was too old. so, you should be able to delete the videos db file from userdata/Databases, and rescan everything and it'll rebuild it with the new database version.

for the mediastream issue, are you sure you are using the latest mediastream? the skin version should be 2.1 now. You can go into the mediastream skin folder and open up skin.xml and check what version it is. if it is less than 2.0, you need to update mediastream.
delete
criti Wrote:for the library issues, I'm pretty sure I had to delete my database files awhile ago with the SVN releases. I was getting an error saying that it couldn't add new items to my database because the version of my database file was too old. so, you should be able to delete the videos db file from userdata/Databases, and rescan everything and it'll rebuild it with the new database version.

for the mediastream issue, are you sure you are using the latest mediastream? the skin version should be 2.1 now. You can go into the mediastream skin folder and open up skin.xml and check what version it is. if it is less than 2.0, you need to update mediastream.

I'm not seeing a Databases folder under userdata.

I'm going to compile the latest SVN on Mediastream and see what happens. Weird issue... On Saturday, I downloaded Aeon and uploaded it to my skins folder, but it's not showing up there. However, I do have the option to switch to it.

Ok, edit here...

I did some playing around and now I've gone back to there being no library. I'm able to play videos via File mode. However, if I turn on Library then click on Movies or TV Shows, it goes to a blank screen and I can't do anything but go back to the main menu. I can't even access the options menu. I tried going into a TV Shows folder, then turning on Library via the options menu, but it just stays in File mode. I'm sure this relates to the database issue you mentioned, but I can't find that folder...
kirbypuckett Wrote:I'm not seeing a Databases folder under userdata.

it should be in ...

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Database
criti Wrote:it should be in ...

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Database

Ok, this is working. I'm updating the library as I type.

Thank you very much for your help!

My issue was that I was looking in:
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/userdata/

Now, I uploaded a few skins there, should I move them into the Application Support one that you mentioned or leave them in the current folder?

Again, I appreciate your assistance in getting my XBMC back up and running!
not real sure which place is best for skins now that launcher 3.0 moved xbmc to the home folder. i'll let maestro or davilla list the pros and cons.
criti Wrote:not real sure which place is best for skins now that launcher 3.0 moved xbmc to the home folder. i'll let maestro or davilla list the pros and cons.

user installed items should always go in ;

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC

if not, then you risk having them overwritten when xbmc.app is updated. This should be supported for all items and if not then file a trac ticket with details and an example so the paths can be corrected. Now is bug fixing time till release of 9.04 and any trac tickets get immediately addressed.
I'm having this problem too... Initially I thought I must have lost the database in the upgrade, so I restored my userdata folder from a backup. But there is still no library mode - going to TV Shows or Movies, just brings up an empty screen.

Background pics and thumbnails show in file mode and the fanart and thumbnails folders are chock full of .tbn files.

Also, when I try and set content for a folder to thetvdb it hardly ever seems to stick. And when it does, and I get it to get the show info it just goes to the manual update screen....

kirbypuckett Wrote:I'm not seeing a Databases folder under userdata.

I'm going to compile the latest SVN on Mediastream and see what happens. Weird issue... On Saturday, I downloaded Aeon and uploaded it to my skins folder, but it's not showing up there. However, I do have the option to switch to it.

Ok, edit here...

I did some playing around and now I've gone back to there being no library. I'm able to play videos via File mode. However, if I turn on Library then click on Movies or TV Shows, it goes to a blank screen and I can't do anything but go back to the main menu. I can't even access the options menu. I tried going into a TV Shows folder, then turning on Library via the options menu, but it just stays in File mode. I'm sure this relates to the database issue you mentioned, but I can't find that folder...
Does Anyone have any answers for this ?!?!?!?
I'm having the same problem and its driving me nuts.
A debug log for a start would be helpful.

In addition, posting your video database file (in Userdata/Database) would be useful, as would an indication of the versions involved prior to your update (8.10bf1 -> 9.04, or something newer?)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

timmyrocks Wrote:Does Anyone have any answers for this ?!?!?!?
I'm having the same problem and its driving me nuts.

i told kirby what to do and it fixed his as he said in this thread. just delete your video database file as its probably an old version, scan your library in again, and let xbmc create a new one.
I'm having the exact same issues, I was running great before the upgrade. Now the majority of my movies crash xbmc with exit error 11 as well. Is there a fix for this?

do I have to do a restore and use the previous version? right now my apple tv is a really fancy paper weight.
From previous experience, rescanning my extensive video library, on my slowish internet connection, can take several hours. So was hoping for a workaround....

criti Wrote:i told kirby what to do and it fixed his as he said in this thread. just delete your video database file as its probably an old version, scan your library in again, and let xbmc create a new one.
I had the same issue that S80_UK is reporting. I am going to restore the atv tonight and give Babylon-Alpha1 a shot right off the bat without upgrading from Atlantis.
davo Wrote:From previous experience, rescanning my extensive video library, on my slowish internet connection, can take several hours. So was hoping for a workaround....

Not only that, but you have to count the time to manually fix the files that were wrongly recognized of not recognized at all.

In a decent sized library this is actually lot of work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC_for_Mac-Babylon-Alpha1 released0