Thumbs for CD's - what do you guys here do?
I love the skin so far, I'm learning to work with the poster style thumbs for my movies, with a little editing most come out looking pretty nice. But, I don't know what to do with my CD covers. With how they're formatted I'm finding it impossible to make them look even half good in Stark. Now I'm on a 4:3 monitor so I know that probably if anything add's to my problem. A lot of my CD covers have text all the way across. And unlike movie posters, you don't tend to find alternate images without the text on them. With everything else in this skin looking so damn beautiful this is really throwing me off.
For nice cd covers you must search.
This program is very usefull.
Album Art Downloader

You can set in advanced settings thumbsize

So try to find covers that at least 512x512. This size is perfect if you ask me. You can always go for larger or smaller covers.

Save covers as folder.jpg in cd folder and xbmc will scrape it to your library/userdata.
Thumbs Up 
Quote:This program is very usefull.
Album Art Downloader

What an understatement! This program ROCKS!

I'm just getting my head around Aeon and xbmc in general after buying a new dedicated media computer. I've got thousands of albums and the image art from iTunes just isn't up to standard. Being able to pick out artist images is an added bonus. Now to find something that does this as well for TV and movie DVDs and fanart.

Thanks for recommending it Waffa.
I don't suppose anyone knows of a free auto/edit tagging software to sort my albums as this album art downloader is amazing Big Grin
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but see if mediamonkey or J River's Media Jukebox are what you're looking for.
Peter_T Wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but see if mediamonkey or J River's Media Jukebox are what you're looking for.

i'll check them out but what i mean is to convert for bad tags for albums ie track 1, 2, 3 etc into track name, artist, genre, album (does that make sense) lol
here is the best site i have found for album art http://www.albumartexchange.com/
z][ggy;346119 Wrote:i'll check them out but what i mean is to convert for bad tags for albums ie track 1, 2, 3 etc into track name, artist, genre, album (does that make sense) lol

Tag and Rename isn't free but it has a 30 day trail that is full featured. I used it to do all my tag cleanup with, highly recommend.
z][ggy;346109 Wrote:I don't suppose anyone knows of a free auto/edit tagging software to sort my albums as this album art downloader is amazing Big Grin

I would say Mp3Tag is a great, free, little program that'll allow you to tag all your music...
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
Scorchio Wrote:What an understatement! This program ROCKS!

I'm just getting my head around Aeon and xbmc in general after buying a new dedicated media computer. I've got thousands of albums and the image art from iTunes just isn't up to standard. Being able to pick out artist images is an added bonus. Now to find something that does this as well for TV and movie DVDs and fanart.

Thanks for recommending it Waffa.

For TV and movie DVDs and fanart use an external scraper like Media Companion or MIP and more...

I use Media Companion and this app searches fanart, covers (div. sites) and info for your movies and TV shows.

BTW
For ID3 tags correction I use Tag and Rename

CF2009 Wrote:here is the best site i have found for album art http://www.albumartexchange.com/

This site is on top of the list of sites that album art downloader searches through
Is there a way to get fan art to show up in music automagically? I have many hundreds of artists in my music, hundreds and hundreds and the implication at the minute is I need to manually tell Stark to use each image as fan art from within the skin, this is beyond time consuming (let alone finding the artwork).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbs for CD's - what do you guys here do?0