NOWALL's set of backgrounds
The image was presented to us in its current form as part of the background pack and we had no suspicion that this was based on your work. For us it was not so easy to guess as you can imagine that the signature was removed and the image was altered. We have removed the image from our repository and send an update for our skin that removes the mentioned image as per your request.
@ JesseLax/AHILdesign > you see me really sorry about this situation. You are perfectly wrong that I downloaded and altered your artwork from deviantart. As it was absolutely not aimed to a commercial or even advertising use, but instead to satisfy an open source community, I didn't think at all that I would infringe some copyright.
Thanks to Big_Noid/Phil65 to have removed it from repo. On my side I will delete as soon as I come home tonight, so in the next 2 or 3 hours it will be deleted.
EDIT: done, see post 1

Again please apologize my behaviour, and congratulations for your original artwork

Best regards
(2013-01-11, 17:07)Big_Noid Wrote: The image was presented to us in its current form as part of the background pack and we had no suspicion that this was based on your work. For us it was not so easy to guess as you can imagine that the signature was removed and the image was altered. We have removed the image from our repository and send an update for our skin that removes the mentioned image as per your request.

(2013-01-11, 18:50)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: @ JesseLax/AHILdesign > you see me really sorry about this situation. You are perfectly wrong that I downloaded and altered your artwork from deviantart. As it was absolutely not aimed to a commercial or even advertising use, but instead to satisfy an open source community, I didn't think at all that I would infringe some copyright.
Thanks to Big_Noid/Phil65 to have removed it from repo. On my side I will delete as soon as I come home tonight, so in the next 2 or 3 hours it will be deleted.
EDIT: done, see post 1

Again please apologize my behaviour, and congratulations for your original artwork

Best regards

Thanks for getting back to me! I appreciate greatly not only the honesty, but that the image has been/is being removed.

For the sake of clarity, the problem isn't that it's been shared with an open source community. One look at the amount of free work and resources that I offer should tell you that I love seeing art in any kind of community, and that I support artists and designers to the fullest. The problem is that it's been modified without my permission with no credit to me, which violates my Creative Commons license. As I said, if someone had just contacted me I would have likely just given permission. It's easier for me to do that and know how my work will be used than it is to find myself in this kind of situation where no one feels good about themselves.

Regardless I'm still grateful for the respectful removal of the work. It's shame I discovered the community here in the manner I did, but from what I've seen everyone in the XBMC seems pretty cool. I hope the community continues to thrive.

All my best,
- Jesse

N.O.W.A.L.L,

is it possible to get the colored version of the music videos background?

congrats for the awesome work.
Sorry i got a bit disgusted by all that happened and to be called a thief. Therefore I won't share anything anymore with the community.
I'm not telling you want to do, but maybe you can just send an e-mail to the author of that image asking for permission to use it in your backgrounds pack that you're sharing freely with the community? I have a feeling he just wants some acknowledgement for his creation and he already knows you're a good guy because you promptly complied with his take-down request. He already alluded that he might have granted permission if he had been asked (leaving the door ajar).

Again, it's just a suggestion. You do what's right by you and you don't need to justify your position with anybody.
Indeed I took only 1 image from this guy, not the other ones. But anyway it was enough to break my "sharing mind".
Now all the GFX I have and I am working on are and will be only for my private use, sorry guys.

PS. For CirrusEX/Aeon Nox skinners, that doesn't mean I don't want them to use my artworks anymore. I gave them my permission to use them - even developped some stuff in close collaboration, such as the the complete orange icon set with Butchabay (ported to blue version later with Phil65) which I designed myself from scratch without stealing anybody - and of course they can continue to use them as long as they want.

cheers
(2013-02-23, 11:01)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Indeed I took only 1 image from this guy, not the other ones. But anyway it was enough to break my "sharing mind".
Now all the GFX I have and I am working on are and will be only for my private use, sorry guys.

PS. For CirrusEX/Aeon Nox skinners, that doesn't mean I don't want them to use my artworks anymore. I gave them my permission to use them - even developped some stuff in close collaboration, such as the the complete orange icon set with Butchabay (ported to blue version later with Phil65) which I designed myself from scratch without stealing anybody - and of course they can continue to use them as long as they want.

cheers

No reason to change your mind mate, it was a mistake, the picture was removed and you already apologized.
We all know your skills so keep up your outstanding job for this community and the best mediacenter available.

Cheers
(2013-02-23, 11:01)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Indeed I took only 1 image from this guy, not the other ones. But anyway it was enough to break my "sharing mind".

cheers
It was just a simple hiccup - i'm sure that you didnt get the picture in question from deviant art - when I do any artwork i'm always steering myself away from deviantart - but a quick google search can usually find the same pic elsewhere which would lead you to believe it is a copyright free image. Please for the sake of the community (we all like to see new artwork here) have a rethink if you decide to do any custom artwork in the future
Yours Leepenny (Lee)
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Hello, I love the work you have done, and I am sorry that you have closed the issue of law. I know this, I am a musician and I fight to protect my music. I would like to offer you a few things. My wife is a photographer, if you want, I can ask him to take pictures in relation to the themes of the XBMC and you could to do modification as you did for aeon nox. I would like to have nice and classy background for my Refocus Smile What do you think of this proposal? and it n 'there would be no problem right Excusivity for XBMC community !
Hi Reynald, I would be interested in using these images, if you can PM me with links I can download and modify. Then I will PM you back with a link and we can see if you approve, and then I will stick it up here for general opinion
(2014-04-22, 02:54)Reynald Wrote: Hello, I love the work you have done, and I am sorry that you have closed the issue of law. I know this, I am a musician and I fight to protect my music. I would like to offer you a few things. My wife is a photographer, if you want, I can ask him to take pictures in relation to the themes of the XBMC and you could to do modification as you did for aeon nox. I would like to have nice and classy background for my Refocus Smile What do you think of this proposal? and it n 'there would be no problem right Excusivity for XBMC community !

Hello Reynald

Why not. But I would use the same PSD template/filters/brushes and colors I used for Aeon Nox 4, I wouldn't develop a new layout for Refocus as I use only Nox 4.

If you agree, and if your wife's photos are fine, HD res, and in the general Nox spirit (macro, blurry edge, deep fields etc), I would gladly process them, and then release them here for anyone.

But it would be only a release of your pictures, I wouldn't re-up again my previous works, sorry folks, I'm still pissed off.

Reynald you can PM me. if you want to provide me some low resolution samples of the pictures you would like me to work on, I would gladly have a look
Sorry folks,

Raynald pm'ed me that he would send some data to work on, but he never did. So I guess it won't happen
No, you will have soon pictures, just need to be patient. She showed me the pictures and I was not satisfied. I want to give attractive photo with potential. no shit Smile
Thumbs Up 
Hello. I was browsing the forums and found out that you have used my image in your background set.. I originally uploaded the picture on wallbase.cc under the username "Egilanso".
As a long time fan of Kodi (former XBMC) I just wanted to say that I am flattered and find it awesome to find my artwork in such an amazing context. Thank you very much and keep up the good work.

It is the Playstation 3 (Sixaxxis controller) as shown here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOWALL's set of backgrounds5