• 20(current)
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!
stoplis Wrote:I won't be starting my own thread with this, as all of the real work was done by Halibutt (images) and FernFerret (code) all I did was a lot of leg work, Invert all 130 something images and copy/edit FernFerrets code into my Includes_Mediaflags.xml in all the right places, package it and upload it.
I have done this as a hold over until FernFerret is happy with his scripts. But until then I will try to keep this package upto date.

When you exstract it you will need to copy Includes_Mediaflags.xml from 720p into your 720p folder in the skin, then copy the contents of the media/flags folder into the media/flags folder in your skin. Accept any request to Replace files.
Once that is done it will work. If there are any films you wish to label as DTSMA or True HD then in the folder for that movie there should be an NFO file, open it in notepad.
There will be a line that reads something like <studio>Tweenth Centry Fox / 720p / DTS / eng </studio>
If you change the 'DTS' to 'DTSMA' and refresh the movies details in XBMC it will show up with the DTSMA logo, like wise if you label it as 'dolbytruehd'

I hope this helps.

Awesome....I will try it when I get home. Thanks again for taking this on, really appreciate it.
stoplis Wrote:I won't be starting my own thread with this, as all of the real work was done by Halibutt (images) and FernFerret (code) all I did was a lot of leg work, Invert all 130 something images and copy/edit FernFerrets code into my Includes_Mediaflags.xml in all the right places, package it and upload it.
I have done this as a hold over until FernFerret is happy with his scripts. But until then I will try to keep this package upto date.

I will get the db updated with your inverted images. Thanks so much for doing this!

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:I will get the db updated with your inverted images. Thanks so much for doing this!

--FF

Glad I could save you some time, keep up the good work!
If only we could get TV shows to dispaly their studio flags from the 'tvshow.nfo'.
I will be adding the tv images to the TV section DJH added a week ago or so, but he hasn't done anything with it yet. We await the evolution...

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:I will be adding the tv images to the TV section DJH added a week ago or so, but he hasn't done anything with it yet. We await the evolution...

--FF

The evolution? Really? Come on dude...I don't wanna sound like an ass, but I have had TV network logos and MPAA ratings available and working through the same mechanism that MIP uses for the stuff for movies.

Fekker and I created this months ago. It works on the episode level for MPAA and network, and network logos for the show-level. I had to devise a special numbering system so that it would work at all.

What's worse, is I've been telling you guys that I already have a full set of flags for your disposal. The code is all in place. I just moved the flags to their own folders, and put it all in nice easy accessible files for you guys.

I dunno...it's frustrating to say something, say it again, say it a third time, and then still have you guys staring into a corner waiting for somebody to create icons that have already been created.

So look. Here:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcserenity/so...#svn/trunk

networklogos.xml
studiologos.xml
mpaalogos.xml

It's all right there. The icons are in the mediafolders. I don't know how much more I can gift-wrap this stuff for you guys...
digitalhigh Wrote:The evolution? Really? Come on dude...I don't wanna sound like an ass, but I have had TV network logos and MPAA ratings available and working through the same mechanism that MIP uses for the stuff for movies.

Fekker and I created this months ago. It works on the episode level for MPAA and network, and network logos for the show-level. I had to devise a special numbering system so that it would work at all.

What's worse, is I've been telling you guys that I already have a full set of flags for your disposal. The code is all in place. I just moved the flags to their own folders, and put it all in nice easy accessible files for you guys.

I dunno...it's frustrating to say something, say it again, say it a third time, and then still have you guys staring into a corner waiting for somebody to create icons that have already been created.

So look. Here:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcserenity/so...#svn/trunk

networklogos.xml
studiologos.xml
mpaalogos.xml

It's all right there. The icons are in the mediafolders. I don't know how much more I can gift-wrap this stuff for you guys...

It's true, what I meant, was the implementation in AEON.

also, don't worry, as you can clearly see from this thread, no work has gone on at all on my end, apparently i'm a lazy bum...

Although I hadn't looked at those xmls yet, Will do tonight. Thank you sir.

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:It's true, what I meant, was the implementation in AEON.

also, don't worry, as you can clearly see from this thread, no work has gone on at all on my end, apparently i'm a lazy bum...

Although I hadn't looked at those xmls yet, Will do tonight. Thank you sir.

--FF

Come on dude, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. But it is frustrating when I do stuff specifically to help you out, and the impression I get is that it only really matters if it involves Aeon.

Take from that whatever you will, but I was not trying to call you lazy. I just don't know how else to get the point across that I have a lot of stuff everybody could benefit from, and nobody seems to care until DJH puts it out there.
Guys, whatever you do, you're doing good. I got lost a while ago and I have no idea where are we. I'm not even sure what's the fuzz with the new media view in Aeon and I have no idea where is it. So, I'll just stick to preparing new icons and leave the coding stuff, compatibility with other skins and so on to you, all right? Otherwise we'd have a zillion packs here, each almost the same, with different errors inside. A complete mess.

The way it is now, I'm pretty happy with what we achieved and all seems to work fine for me: only one of my films doesn't have a studio icon and the rest shows up just fine.

A couple of questions though: does Serenity require white-on-transparent images, or are black-on-transparent all right? Or is there some other reason we should switch to that colour? If there is, I can stick to that, no problem, just tell me what to do (8 new upcoming).
Cheers

P.S. PLEASE, just send me a PM if you believe I should update the first post with a new description/new file pack to download/whatever.
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:A couple of questions though: does Serenity require white-on-transparent images, or are black-on-transparent all right? Or is there some other reason we should switch to that colour? If there is, I can stick to that, no problem, just tell me what to do (8 new upcoming).
Cheers

Unfortunately, it would appear that white-on-transparent are necessary. I thought I could apply a colordiffuse of white to the image, but because it's black, it doesn't show up at all.

White would probably also be better on a whole, simply because it allows for any color desired to be rendered. Black icons can't be tinted.
I think that since we have my script, which will show the images correctly when they're white(which is preferred for both skins)

digital: I have a LOT of respect for Serenity, It runs GREAT on my linux server, where AEON cannot be handled. Not to get off topic, but (Oh dear lord please make this make sense...) I was not implying that you were Implying I was lazy, I was implying I am lazy.

I apologize, that since Day one I have promised Serenity support (Hell, I am even arrogant enough to put it in my sig!) and I have not listened to you.

My fault.

If I have time Tonight, Serenity Support will happen then (and by tonight I mean tomorrow morning, since It's gonna be an all-niter anyways).

Here is the Issue i've been beating around the bush with: My zip script CURRENTLY requires the Images to be in the directory that they will be zipped as, and I was simply too lazy to modify to work with Serenity.

Thank you for all of your work digital, Halibutt, and others that have contributed,

--FF

PS: I've always liked white images Smile
i have a few requests, not sure where u guys are getting the images so if u could point me in the right direction i would be glad to help find them.

Storyline Ent.
57th and Irving Productions
Land Films
Condemned Productions
Avnet (The Mighty Ducks Movies, even though i thought they were Disney)
Milshake Films
Elevation Filmworks
MTV Films
MTV Networks

thanks guys! and again point in the right direction and i will gladly help in the search
Only One Haze Wrote:i have a few requests, not sure where u guys are getting the images so if u could point me in the right direction i would be glad to help find them.

Storyline Ent.
57th and Irving Productions
Land Films
Condemned Productions
Avnet (The Mighty Ducks Movies, even though i thought they were Disney)
Milshake Films
Elevation Filmworks
MTV Films
MTV Networks

thanks guys! and again point in the right direction and i will gladly help in the search

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com and http://www.vectorlogos.com are the first two places I look when hunting for a logo. Most stuff can be found there, and they're stored in vector format, which means perfect quality. Wink

Also, I'm not sure who to address this to...but I took the liberty of inverting everything you had here (as of a few days ago). Should be a near-full set, if you want to replace them.

There are better images for Mirimax and Revolution studios here as well:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcserenity/so...dia/studio
digitalhigh Wrote:http://www.brandsoftheworld.com and http://www.vectorlogos.com are the first two places I look when hunting for a logo. Most stuff can be found there, and they're stored in vector format, which means perfect quality. Wink

Also, I'm not sure who to address this to...but I took the liberty of inverting everything you had here (as of a few days ago). Should be a near-full set, if you want to replace them.

There are better images for Mirimax and Revolution studios here as well:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcserenity/so...dia/studio

Awesome, thanks so much, I'll get my db updated this weekend with all white images. Did you use a batch program, or photoshop batch mode?

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:Awesome, thanks so much, I'll get my db updated this weekend with all white images. Did you use a batch program, or photoshop batch mode?

--FF

Batch? Haha...I just opened all of them and did some fast fingerwork. CTRL+I, Alt+F S ALT+F C, repeat...

When you exstract it you will need to copy Includes_Mediaflags.xml from 720p into your 720p folder in the skin, then copy the contents of the media/flags folder into the media/flags folder in your skin. Accept any request to Replace files.
Once that is done it will work. If there are any films you wish to label as DTSMA or True HD then in the folder for that movie there should be an NFO file, open it in notepad.
There will be a line that reads something like <studio>Tweenth Centry Fox / 720p / DTS / eng </studio>
If you change the 'DTS' to 'DTSMA' and refresh the movies details in XBMC it will show up with the DTSMA logo, like wise if you label it as 'dolbytruehd'

I hope this helps.

Just got home from work and tried it.....YOU ROCK!!! Worked exactly as you said. Thanks again for the help and the clear/precise instructions. REALLY appreciate it.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!4